• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

First ride - 2016 F800GT

Went for my first ride on my new (to me) 2016 F800GT. Quite comfortable. I rode about 50 miles, mostly back roads at 45-50 MPH, some city streets, and a 4-mile stretch of interstate. Got it up to about 80 MPH on the highway -- seems to be quite a bit left. It is quite stable, good seating position for me (6'2", 210 lbs), no vibration to speak of, mirrors well placed and clear. The exhaust is stock (the whole bike is stock) and quiet. Handles pretty good -- but I'll never be dragging anything in the curves. All-in-all a nice bike.

I may look for a higher seat. I think the one I have is the lowest possible, but not sure. I'll post some pics later and maybe you guys can help me determine that . . .

One of the first thing most ST/GT riders do is to purchase mirror extensions and sidestand foot in larger. Twisted Throttle is good place to look. Just some ideal. :thumb

One of the first thing most ST/GT riders do is to purchase mirror extensions and sidestand foot in larger. Twisted Throttle is good place to look. Just some ideal. :thumb
Thanks. The mirrors seem fine for me. But I could see where that tiny side-stand foot could easily dig into soft asphalt or dirt.

I may look for a higher seat. I think the one I have is the lowest possible, but not sure. I'll post some pics later and maybe you guys can help me determine that . . .

If there is a number molded into the pan also post a picture of that.

Just FYI: while this is a great forum for all things BMW (in general), the site F800riders.com is more specific to your f-twin. There are waaaay more f-twin riders, and consequently way more info, available on that site. It does tend to have a ton of European posters so . . .

Good luck.

Side stand enlarger!

Thanks for the recommendation, and the good advice! We have one from R&G that customers seem to like a lot!

R&G Side Stand Enlarger BMW 800GT

One of the first things I put on my F700GS was a side stand enlarger--The 700s and 800s have those little pointy side stand feet that dig right in...

The Twisted Team
www.TwistedThrottle.com

Back