Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a speed bleeder recommendation for a 2012 RT

Looking for a speed bleeder recommendation for a 2012 RT

I'd like to try some speed bleeder valves to make the brake fluid change job even faster. Can anyone recommend a particular model/brand from personal experience?

I have never used these, just did the old pump-close-pump routine which if I can speed it up and not need a second person would be nice.

Thanks all.
    Bill in Highlands Ranch, CO
    2012 R1200RT

i should be out riding! wyman.winn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaxthegreater View Post
    I'd like to try some speed bleeder valves to make the brake fluid change job even faster. Can anyone recommend a particular model/brand from personal experience?

I have never used these, just did the old pump-close-pump routine which if I can speed it up and not need a second person would be nice.

Thanks all.
    personally, i do not see the need for them...just flushed both front and rear on my 13RT...took 10min tops and that included getting the tools and removing/replacing the saddles...with NO extra help!!!
    ~wyman~

2015 BMW S1000R - Duke - Black Storm Metallic
    2013 BMW R1200RT - Sassy - Fluid Grey Metallic

I much prefer just using my Mity Vac vs. installing a speed bleeder (where you could introduce air into the system, creating other "fun" problems). Plus you can use the MityVac for other jobs too (clutch slave)
    Current: 2007 BMW R1200RT
    Former: 1995 BMW K75S, 2009 BMW G650GS
    MOA Member #:150400, IBA#: 37558

You can get them from Spiegler Performance Parts, I never had no problem with them.

Quote Originally Posted by k1200lt00 View Post
    You can get them from Spiegler Performance Parts, I never had no problem with them.
    Thanks, that is the answer I was looking for.

I know there are many ways to do (I have done it over a dozen times) this but this is one I haven't tried yet.
    2012 R1200RT

Size?

Can anyone confirm SB8125L M8 x 1.5 is the correct size for 2012 RT?
    2012 R1200RT

You can confirm it yourself here: http://speedbleeder.com/Motorcycle%20Sizes.htm. Get their silicon tubing too. It is far better than the typical clear plastic tubing normally used to bleed brakes.

Consider getting a Motion Pro bleeder. You put it in the bleeder tube and it functions like a SpeedBleeder. Costs about the same as a SpeedBleeder but can be used on other bikes.
    https://www.amazon.com/Motion-Pro-08...SIN=B000MXW2EM
    Kevin
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana
    Team Pterodactyl
    2018 Ural Gear Up, 2017 R1200GSA

Just do it myself, but I have long arms. Make sure they’re stainless steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    My Motorrad
    BMWMOA 162849 | BMWRA 41335 | VROC 8109-R | VBA 19

Krmugin
    I tried several options, to try and improve the bleeding experience. After trying a few different vacuum bleeders, and a couple different speed bleeder alternatives, I've come to love my customized 'old school' bottle and tubing bleeder setup. You know, the bottle with some brake fluid in it, and a piece of tubing, with a wire hanger for the bottle?
    I have a simple, no moving parts, no special sealed threads bleeder that works effortlessly with my motorcycles and pickup. I'll not go back, and my low tech solution makes me very happy.

i should be out riding! wyman.winn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kurmugin View Post
    I tried several options, to try and improve the bleeding experience. After trying a few different vacuum bleeders, and a couple different speed bleeder alternatives, I've come to love my customized 'old school' bottle and tubing bleeder setup. You know, the bottle with some brake fluid in it, and a piece of tubing, with a wire hanger for the bottle?
    I have a simple, no moving parts, no special sealed threads bleeder that works effortlessly with my motorcycles and pickup. I'll not go back, and my low tech solution makes me very happy.
    ^^^
    what he said...
    ~wyman~

2015 BMW S1000R - Duke - Black Storm Metallic
    2013 BMW R1200RT - Sassy - Fluid Grey Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by kurmugin View Post
    Yup, thought my grandfather was nuts back in the day. I now own a pressure bleeder and a vacuum bleeder that I let my friends borrow. I now do all of my vehicles this way, tubing and a plastic cup with no air gap.
    John Simonds
    2017 R 1200 GS Adventure
    1975 Norton Commando 850 Roadster Mk 3
    If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

Bought them and they work great!

Just did a bleed with the new speed bleeders installed and they worked great! Part of the improvement I believe is due to the sealer gunk they put on the threads of the new bleeders which prevents air from leaking past the threads, a problem I had with the old bleed nipples. When I pulled (using a vacuum hand pump) I always got a stream of bubbles which I suspected came through the nipple threads. With the new speed bleeders they were well sealed and I got a bubble free stream of fluid into the waste can. And all I had to do was pump the brake lever and keep the reservoir full. Also the silicon tubing helps, way better than the fish tank stuff I was using before. Overall a nice improvement to the once every two years bleeder process.
    BTW I didn't bother with the clutch system bleeder as that seemed like overkill.
    2012 R1200RT

Front Brake Air Bubble

Hi. I've got an K1200LT 2000 and have just replaced both back and front brake lines with Spiegler parts. Back brakes are great but I'm having a problem removing air bubbles from the front line. I've tried using a MiyiVac, tried bleeding out the ABS, tried forcing fluid back up....looking for any other good suggestions.
    Thanks.

Make sure your handle bar is turned to the left and master cylinder is level or pointing down towards the line, then you should get the air out. Plus pump it slow.

Front Brake Air Bubble

Make sure your handle bar is turned to the left and master cylinder is level or pointing down towards the line, then you should get the air out. Plus pump it slow.
    Hey thanks. I did have the handle bar turned to the left and MC was level. I'll try pumping it slower and see if that gets them out.