• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Looking for a speed bleeder recommendation for a 2012 RT

AjaxTheDog

I'd like to try some speed bleeder valves to make the brake fluid change job even faster. Can anyone recommend a particular model/brand from personal experience?

I have never used these, just did the old pump-close-pump routine which if I can speed it up and not need a second person would be nice.

Thanks all.

I'd like to try some speed bleeder valves to make the brake fluid change job even faster. Can anyone recommend a particular model/brand from personal experience?

I have never used these, just did the old pump-close-pump routine which if I can speed it up and not need a second person would be nice.

Thanks all.

personally, i do not see the need for them...just flushed both front and rear on my 13RT...took 10min tops and that included getting the tools and removing/replacing the saddles...with NO extra help!!!

I much prefer just using my Mity Vac vs. installing a speed bleeder (where you could introduce air into the system, creating other "fun" problems). Plus you can use the MityVac for other jobs too (clutch slave)

You can get them from Spiegler Performance Parts, I never had no problem with them.

Thanks, that is the answer I was looking for.

I know there are many ways to do (I have done it over a dozen times) this but this is one I haven't tried yet.

Just do it myself, but I have long arms. Make sure they’re stainless steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I tried several options, to try and improve the bleeding experience. After trying a few different vacuum bleeders, and a couple different speed bleeder alternatives, I've come to love my customized 'old school' bottle and tubing bleeder setup. You know, the bottle with some brake fluid in it, and a piece of tubing, with a wire hanger for the bottle?
I have a simple, no moving parts, no special sealed threads bleeder that works effortlessly with my motorcycles and pickup. I'll not go back, and my low tech solution makes me very happy.

I tried several options, to try and improve the bleeding experience. After trying a few different vacuum bleeders, and a couple different speed bleeder alternatives, I've come to love my customized 'old school' bottle and tubing bleeder setup. You know, the bottle with some brake fluid in it, and a piece of tubing, with a wire hanger for the bottle?
I have a simple, no moving parts, no special sealed threads bleeder that works effortlessly with my motorcycles and pickup. I'll not go back, and my low tech solution makes me very happy.

^^^
what he said...:thumb

Yup, thought my grandfather was nuts back in the day. I now own a pressure bleeder and a vacuum bleeder that I let my friends borrow. I now do all of my vehicles this way, tubing and a plastic cup with no air gap.

Bought them and they work great!

Just did a bleed with the new speed bleeders installed and they worked great! Part of the improvement I believe is due to the sealer gunk they put on the threads of the new bleeders which prevents air from leaking past the threads, a problem I had with the old bleed nipples. When I pulled (using a vacuum hand pump) I always got a stream of bubbles which I suspected came through the nipple threads. With the new speed bleeders they were well sealed and I got a bubble free stream of fluid into the waste can. And all I had to do was pump the brake lever and keep the reservoir full. Also the silicon tubing helps, way better than the fish tank stuff I was using before. Overall a nice improvement to the once every two years bleeder process.
BTW I didn't bother with the clutch system bleeder as that seemed like overkill.

Front Brake Air Bubble

You can get them from Spiegler Performance Parts, I never had no problem with them.

Hi. I've got an K1200LT 2000 and have just replaced both back and front brake lines with Spiegler parts. Back brakes are great but I'm having a problem removing air bubbles from the front line. I've tried using a MiyiVac, tried bleeding out the ABS, tried forcing fluid back up....looking for any other good suggestions.
Thanks.

Make sure your handle bar is turned to the left and master cylinder is level or pointing down towards the line, then you should get the air out. Plus pump it slow.

Front Brake Air Bubble

Make sure your handle bar is turned to the left and master cylinder is level or pointing down towards the line, then you should get the air out. Plus pump it slow.

Hey thanks. I did have the handle bar turned to the left and MC was level. I'll try pumping it slower and see if that gets them out.

Is there a bleed port at the master? If so start there. Don't loosen the bleed nipples too much as air can sneak in through the threads. I used SPeed Bleeders which include a bit of tape to seal the threads. Good bang for the buck. Another trick is to load the brake handle overnight (I use a long bit of velcro).

Back