Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: When will the rally app be available?

When will the rally app be available?

Does anyone know when will the rally app be available?

App

No response from the important people, like a answer to the question, you had about 5 days to think about it!

I couldn't locate any info, other that Wi-Fi is "best effort" onsite.

And then my age asking what's an app? I kid...kinda
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

Similar thread going on July 2018:

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...year&p=1135162

My guess is that it won't be available until much closer to the rally date.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

App

I kinda agree with you Steve but it was kind of handy not having to carry rally book for schedules etc plus nice to see pictures people posted on the way to the rally.
    We want or need more and younger members and they need apps to tell them what to do and when.
    Most questions have been promptly answered, I was just stirring the pot some as this question was not answered.

Edit: thanks Kurt I was thinking it came out a couple of weeks before rally not a couple of days before.
    Anyone know why they can’t get it out a couple of weeks before the rally?

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Quote Originally Posted by 179212 View Post
    Anyone know why they canít get it out a couple of weeks before the rally?
    I found the rally ap incredibly useful at past rallies and, like others, would love to see it come out a bit earlier. I have a hunch, though, that whoever puts it out is also buried by several other volunteer duties.

Wish I had the skills to help out!

Pete
    '18 R1200GSA for solo rides
    '12 R1200GSA with Hannigan sidecar for rides with Glenlivet
    '15 Honda CRF250L for exploring places I'm afraid to take the big GSA!
    http://travelswithbarley.com/

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    I wonder if a day to day listing of events here on the forum would be of help?
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

The Rally website, rally.bmwmoa.org is available in a mobile form. All you need is the native browser on your phone. We are hoping to provide an app that would be downloaded to your phone, but it will work the same way as the website and have the same information. The rally website will continue to be the main place for information and it will be added throughout the rally. Bookmark the url rally.bmwmoa.org for the latest.

Ted
    Last edited by t2moyer; 05-31-2019 at 12:41 PM.
    Ted Moyer
    '12 DL650, '06 R1200RT, '78 R100RS Motosport, '72 XL250, '83 RZ350, '94 KLX650, '80 GS850G

TravelsWithBarley.com
    @t2moyer - granted, Ted. But the app integrated with my iPhone so I could seamlessly add seminars and such to my calendar, set reminders, and post pix of the experience. Whoever created that ought to get a bonus!

Pete
    '18 R1200GSA for solo rides
    '12 R1200GSA with Hannigan sidecar for rides with Glenlivet
    '15 Honda CRF250L for exploring places I'm afraid to take the big GSA!
    http://travelswithbarley.com/

Agree with Pete...the rally app was a very well done and easy to use feature. As stated by another poster, young members would expect it.
    Larry Gregerson; Bend, OR
    MOA #93031

The rally app was built by the same company that hosts our Membership Management web site: YourMembership.com

The previous app is actually built by Quick Mobile. It is an integration offered by our software provider as an add-on, but it has some limitations. Apps do have added functionality, but it comes at a cost. Several years ago our software company was pushing it at a very low price. The cost has since jumped 5x and given the number of people who downloaded the app, the functionality isn't worth the price. It also requires a tremendous amount of staff time to maintain the app, especially during rally week.

With the current rally website, we can enter the data once and make it available on multiple platforms, especially if we can integrate a true app, which is in the works. The primary goal was to make the information easily available in as many formats as possible. Adding some premium feature and functionality is next on the list.
    Ted Moyer
    '12 DL650, '06 R1200RT, '78 R100RS Motosport, '72 XL250, '83 RZ350, '94 KLX650, '80 GS850G

Quote Originally Posted by t2moyer View Post
    The previous app is actually built by Quick Mobile. It is an integration offered by our software provider as an add-on, but it has some limitations. Apps do have added functionality, but it comes at a cost. Several years ago our software company was pushing it at a very low price. The cost has since jumped 5x and given the number of people who downloaded the app, the functionality isn't worth the price. It also requires a tremendous amount of staff time to maintain the app, especially during rally week.

With the current rally website, we can enter the data once and make it available on multiple platforms, especially if we can integrate a true app, which is in the works. The primary goal was to make the information easily available in as many formats as possible. Adding some premium feature and functionality is next on the list.
    Thanks for the explanation...makes sense.
    Larry Gregerson; Bend, OR
    MOA #93031

Rally App

Try using the website on your phone it sucks, thanks also to those who gave well reasoned answers to questions and to Ted for his response, it looks like the MOA took the cheap route to the detriment of the members and especially so to those younger members you so desire.

28C0EE9B-33EA-4372-A828-D087055807E9.jpeg067402A1-41C4-4B42-B486-D9F537F5A58B.jpeg166E6A62-2E7C-4D79-9A4D-E67B2D59D9FC.jpeg

YOU HAVE A MOA LOGO THAT WILL NOT GO AWAY
    YOU HAVE A GUY HOLDING A PICTURE OF A MOTORCYCLE THAT WILL NOT GO AWAY
    THE SCREEN SHOTS DO NOT DO JUSTICE TO HOW MUCH TRYING TO Use WEBSITE ON PHONE SUCKS!
    I just spent some time comparing the rally website on the phone and on my iPad they are very different on the phone I cannot get the seminar schedule or the list of vendors.
    Pictures you might as well tell people if the want to post pictures go to the Facebook site and piss off another group of members
    Last edited by 179212; 05-31-2019 at 02:28 PM.

It works great on my iPhone with AT&T.

Edit. Update. I see the main page, but there is no way to find seminars, rally schedule or vendors!

Voni
    sMiling
    Last edited by Voni; 05-31-2019 at 03:11 PM.
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador Emeritus / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million 100 thousand BMW sMiles