• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I-bmw site

Finally someone was able to contact Vic and it sounds like there's hope of getting the site back online.

Hope??!! I'm not looking to air dirty laundry here but what's with this "hope" word? Is it a lack of funds? Disagreement over the site's operation? For it to be down this long concerns me and like many here have expressed I find it a great place to visit and learn not to mention converse with like-minded riders.

The main owner of the site is still being quiet.
I hope the owner does not just dump the site because there's a lot of good technical info there.
I'm hoping Vic will turn over the site to the 3 admins.
I hope you're right Lee. That site is a great resource. And as others have said, it'd be nice if Vic would give us an update about what's going on.

Any news? It's still down. Doesn't look good, does it?

I was never a "regular" there but then again, I've never been a "regular" on any forum I've been a member, be it motorcycles, astronomy, geology, movies, physics, etc..

Bottom line: The I-BMW site was a good m/c forum. Alas.

I think it's done...I heard Vic has gone silent.
Good to see you here.
Did you see justjoe started his own site?
Joe, his wife Julie, and Bill Morgan at the rally.20190615_172627-1008x756.jpg
Also saw Tim and Susan plus Fastedie and his wife.
Aviator, Mani was also ther.

Last edited:
Looks like- https://theriderspace.com/ It seems to display in a foreign manner on the iPad.

I’m guessing it’s the site. Activity seems low.......but I can’t tell how “new” the site is.

OM
Thanks, that's the site.
It's a new site and not a lot of members at this time.
Members of i-BMW have been trying to contact other members about the new site.

Thanks, that's the site.
It's a new site and not a lot of members at this time.
Members of i-BMW have been trying to contact other members about the new site.

Great! It would be nice to see if they could “import” the former site- even if it was in an “archive” section.

They must be trying. The are running an up to date portal. Hope it works out.

OM

Great! It would be nice to see if they could “import” the former site- even if it was in an “archive” section.

They must be trying. The are running an up to date portal. Hope it works out.

OM
The owner of i-BMW has not been communicating with the admins.
The admins are willing to to take over the site but this probably won't happen.

Any more news on the fate of I-BMW? I really miss the tech libraries there, and the very neat way everything was organized and categorized. The site disappeared for a while once before, but IIRC that was an issue growing out of multiple parties being principals in the site, and once Vic had the ball the site worked really well. So is the I-BMW issue technical or fiscal—both of which can be fixed—or is it something else?

I have gone to The Riders Pace—it looks promising but still a bit funky on iPad. Unfortunately, it will likely be a long time before it accumulates a library of info and assistance comparable to what I-BMW held.

Best,
DG

Back