• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

I-bmw site

trident74

Does anybody know what happened to the I-bmw.com site. Doesn’t seem to exist any longer.
Val
03 K12RS

I checked the internet archives and somewhere between early 2017 and about the middle of 2017, the site went from seeming to be there and then to the response that "You don't have permission to access / on this server." Every sample since that time suggests the same thing. Something pretty tragic seemed to have happened. :dunno

When I checked with one of the admins the first of the week he told me the was a hardware problem.
Asked for a update this morning and have not heard back.

Last edited:
Park the domain?

It would be nice if the domain name owner redirected the address to a parking page saying that i-bmw.com is temporarily down due to whatever reason that it's down, instead of just leaving it as server not found. This is the first time I've seen an outage last so long. It's the best site for K-bike owners, IMO.

It would be nice if the domain name owner redirected the address to a parking page saying that i-bmw.com is temporarily down due to whatever reason that it's down, instead of just leaving it as server not found. This is the first time I've seen an outage last so long. It's the best site for K-bike owners, IMO.

I like(ed) the I-BMW site. Lots of info and very knowledgeable people there. Shame if it's gone for good.

The main owner of the site is still being quiet.
I hope the owner does not just dump the site because there's a lot of good technical info there.
I'm hoping Vic will turn over the site to the 3 admins.

What happened to I-BMW??

Anyone familiar with I-BMW and know where it went? As with this website, I gained a lot of valuable experience from the good folks over there and sure hope the members and knowledge base are not gone forever.

Thanks all.

Whoops. I got merged in here and did not know there was another thread running. I sure hope they get it back up. Best site for K-bike owners. I have run into numerous threads saving me time and money on just about everything so far on my K1300S.

Who is the owner Lee? Can we write him?

Who is the owner Lee? Can we write him?

There used to be 3 owners but but due to some conflicts it's down to Vic Salemme.

Earlier I misspoke when I said I talked to one of the owners, I should have said one of the admins.

There used to be 3 owners but but due to some conflicts it's down to Vic Salemme.

Earlier I misspoke when I said I talked to one of the owners, I should have said one of the admins.

Is he contactable? What is required to get it back up?

Is he contactable? What is required to get it back up?

I'll check with one of the admins again to see if any of the admins have been able to contact him.
Vic is the only one who can get the site back up.

Finally someone was able to contact Vic and it sounds like there's hope of getting the site back online.

Back