• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What is this tool for in kit R1100R?

I think itā€™s both a screwdriver extension (for adjusting the shock damping) and maybe a lever for the spark plug wrench.

The large end may be an extension for the rear wheel lug nut wrench; dunno about the small end.:scratch What are its dimensions? Something like it is shown on the MAX parts fiche as Item 13 in the toolkit, but there is no description...

In the Brick K bike tool kits there was a extension.
One end was round and it fit the tire lug wrench.
The other end was oval and it fit the tool to adjust preload on the rear shock.

Now that the more knowledgeable have already chimed in, I'll tell you exactly what it is.

The official BMW name for it is a....thingamabob. In English that translates to...thingamajig.

You're welcome. What did I win?

:)

In the Brick K bike tool kits there was a extension.
One end was round and it fit the tire lug wrench.
The other end was oval and it fit the tool to adjust preload on the rear shock.

I have a 1100R tool roll that was never used much from the 95. The operators manual shows all the tools this pouch has. The two sided screwdriver is not in this kit. I have the 95 and a 99 model update book.
There is an extension for the lugs and spanner and is is larger than the one pictured. The pictured doesn't go all the way thru the plug socket which makes that useless it seems and the other end too small use as a cheater.
I walked back to shop to look at the roll and the manuals one more time.

The 95 describes it as an extension for the reversible screwdriver...Ta-Da....:dance

But it could be a thingamabob too:wave

I figured it out, it is an extension to the screwdriver.
The end that goes into the screwdriver handle fits real tight, at first I thought it didn't fit, but it does.
I have only ever adjusted the rebound damping to my rear shock with a shop screwdriver, or a coin.

Kinda of a useless thread.... sorry about that.

I figured it out, it is an extension to the screwdriver.
The end that goes into the screwdriver handle fits real tight, at first I thought it didn't fit, but it does.
I have only ever adjusted the rebound damping to my rear shock with a shop screwdriver, or a coin.

Kinda of a useless thread.... sorry about that.

Not at all useless; it reminded me of the intended function of that same piec3 that is in the toolkit of my 2004 brick-k.
šŸ˜Š
Best,
DG

Back