• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Oil leak on 2009 BMW R1200RT

cycleit2008

RT oil leak 2.jpg,RT oil leak.jpg

Does anyone know what could be leaking? This boot is located just above the center stand and is lightly seeping oil. Thanks in advance for any help.

Most likely transmission output shaft seal. Pretty simple fix, though I've not tackled one myself. I'm sure many here have and will chime in.

Welcome to the forum:wave

Will move this over to Hexheads soon as your 2009 is that variation.

Does look like the output shaft seal, the boot between paralever arm and transmission right?

Thanks for the responses and moving the post to the correct location. What would a reasonable cost for the fix be, any ideas?

If you mean dealer, I would think a seasoned mechanic would have the job done in two hours, so 250 for labor, probably charge you 100 for transmission oil change, and another 50 for parts and shop consumables, $400.

Or if your adversome, seals are 25 bucks, Hanyes manual 20 bucks, and the afternoon to do it yourself. I hate leaks their a royal PITA.

Either way good luck,

Back