• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Service indicator turned off - how did I do that?

Hi keepers of knowledge,
So the other day during a riding break, I was adjusting both my windshield and the suspension with the controls on the handlebars. Then I noticed that the "SERVICE" light on my dash was gone. This is on most the time on my bike as I do much of my own service and only make it to the dealer every other year or so for the whole cat so to speak. I have no idea how I turned the light off. It's back on now. It'll be in the shop later summer for a full service and they will turn it off then again anyway, but I was curious if there was a button/sequence that turned this light off. I did a quick search of the forum but didn't find the answer, also not sure how adequate my search parameters were. Anyone seen this or am I just seeing things?
Thanks,

Jerry
2010 R1200 RT

Oddly enough, I replaced the battery on my 2015 RT yesterday. After buttoning everything up, I fired it up and went for a ride. As soon as I turned on the ignition, the "Service" light came on. It stayed on. After I stopped for some coffee, and started up again, it was off. I sure can't explain it...

Oddly enough, I replaced the battery on my 2015 RT yesterday. After buttoning everything up, I fired it up and went for a ride. As soon as I turned on the ignition, the "Service" light came on. It stayed on. After I stopped for some coffee, and started up again, it was off. I sure can't explain it...

The bike will loose the date and time when the battery is out.
If you have a BMW Navigator connected it will reset the bike time and date.
On our bikes it only took a short time for the service light to shut off.

Back