Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by grabcon View Post
    I love how those with loud pipes also have 1000 watt stereos to get above the loudness of the pipes and cause some seismic activities.
    Really! I had to buy a 2,000 Watt unit just to drown them out.
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    You obviously have no appreciation for badly-tuned motors and unsafe riding habits.
    Evidently, I do not! lol
    “Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by motor10 View Post
    Second, I have noticed a growing number of motorcycle riders are failing to use their hand signals or their mechanical directionals when changing lanes. Lastly, I have noticed a growing number motorcycles riding on the road with no directionals on their bikes and of course the riders are again failing to use hand signals.
    I think most of them have run out of blinker fluid.
    Dave...
    ----------------
    15 R1200 RT, 12 G650GS
    83 Suzuki XN85 D Turbo

Rally Rat

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnsd View Post
    Duct Tape?
    I was envisioning nail guns,...……….. but hey, that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by STEVENRANKIN View Post
    I hate the dickswab who races up my street in his crotchrocket everyday at 7AM, I love the roar of a hundred Harleys going past on a charity run.

Both classes of rider feel others want or need to hear their noise.

I live on a main road. I LOTH the Harley riders who I can hear in my living room. Be it 100 on a charity run or one. Same goes for crotch rockets, hotrods, trucks, and radios.

When I hear a bike, car, or truck go by while sitting in my living room watching TV, I say to myself Loud pipes could muffle the sound of my shotgun.

This topic has been discussed ever since the first motor vehicle took to the streets. The loud pipe guys can justify their actions all they want and they will not change my mind. I will always HATE loud vehicles. St.
    Totally agree with you!
    Gail Thorne
    2017 F700GS

Quote Originally Posted by greenwald View Post
    I was envisioning nail guns,...……….. but hey, that's just me.
    Oh, we can just hope that they go full bore and use the framing gun instead of the foo-foo roofing nailer. The broad head 1-3/4" roofing nails might distribute the load on the doo-rag, but they're just too short to achieve a good grip on the shaft. Of course, that's pretty dense stuff they're going into. Perhaps, some of those hardened concrete nails are needed.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    Oh, we can just hope that they go full bore and use the framing gun instead of the foo-foo roofing nailer. The broad head 1-3/4" roofing nails might distribute the load on the doo-rag, but they're just too short to achieve a good grip on the shaft. Of course, that's pretty dense stuff they're going into. Perhaps, some of those hardened concrete nails are needed.
    You folks are so funny............I giggle a bit and wish all of you could spend a little time learning the Canadian way to handle the tards with ape hangars and open pipes: Polar Bear Bang shot, size of a big pen, big noise and the best is watching them loose their bowels.

I live on a pretty quiet street, lots of families, kids learning how to ride bicycles and the twat that lives at the corner and rides his uninsured poser mobile accidentally went by when we were demonstrating how effective the Polar Bear Bang shot works.

It was the week before Victoria Long weekend so we wanted to make sure it would be good to go!
    1997 R1100RT, 1981 KZ 440 LTD, R80RT, R90/6 sidecar, K1100RS,1983 K100RS (Cafe now)

“The major civilizing force in the world is not religion, it is sex.”

I must apologize, as I had no intention for this thread to degrade into a Us vs Them thread. Most of the guys I ride with have Harley’s. I don’t have a problem with them nor they with me. We give each other a hard time, but respect the fact that we have different likes and dislikes in bikes and riding styles.

My original intention was to mention a lack of safety habits I had noticed and believed were either on the increase or maybe I am just beginning to notice other riders lack of safety as it has become an even greater priority for me since my accident.

I will add to my original observation list. Yesterday on my commute home, I observed an older BMW RT riding at 75mph and was within 1 to maybe 2 seconds of the car in front of him. He also was weaving in and out of traffic without using hand or mechanical signals. I also observed a rider on a loud Harley maintaining his lane with 3 or so seconds of stopping distance between him and the car in front of him. I would also say that some of the worst violators are the sport bike riders who believe that all the roadways are Laguna Seca and weave in and out of traffic at high rates of speed while failing to even attempt to use hand or mechanical signals.

With all that said I have to agree with what others have said, there are A-holes in every group.

Jay
    Last edited by motor10; 05-21-2019 at 12:47 PM.
    “Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” - Hunter S. Thompson

Loud Pipes

I am not a BMW versus Harley person. I am a person who lives on a road who plain out hates loud exhaust systems. Bike, car, Truck, Stereo.

A rider can be the nicest, safest guy on the road, riding for a good cause and be annoying.

What these loud guys fail to understand or for the most part don't care about is how other non riders, non hotrod, non-truckers and so on feel about the subject.

The loud pipe guy on a bike who just passed ma and pa in their Buick is not seen as a nice guy he may very well be.
    The loud pipe guy who is heard inside the house is not seen as a nice guy. (This is my biggest beef)
    They are considered nuisances and should be take off the road.

I am not sorry to say, I agree with noise restrictions but, I must add, I also hate writing anything into law that should be handled with common sense. St.

i like that disk brake and on the road when bikers accelerate their rides booming uP

Quote Originally Posted by stevenjones999 View Post
    i like that disk brake and on the road when bikers accelerate their rides booming uP
    What?
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Nick Kennedy
    Ya Know
    I learned along time ago you can't change others behaviors. Try and avoid and ignore the ones that bother you and relax, life's too short to get uptight over stuff that's been going on since the Model T came on the scene. Just my opinion, of course.

I don't use hand signals, that's what my turn signals are for. I keep my hands on the bars.

Loud pipes? I turn my headset up and ignore their noise.
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quote Originally Posted by nickrides View Post
    Ya Know
    I learned along time ago you can't change others behaviors. Try and avoid and ignore the ones that bother you and relax, life's too short to get uptight over stuff that's been going on since the Model T came on the scene. Just my opinion, of course.
    Pretty much it, from noise to gear and brand choices. Not going to change anything other than my stress level. I used to go crazy with no headlights on during a rainstorm coming towards me or up my tail and finally let go of that as well and quit turning lights on/off to get them to comply...it's futile.
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

Stuff

I met a group of about 100+- bikes the other day on a county highway I waved as I rode by most waved back, I did not notice a lot of noise, did not notice much safety gear either.