• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New England Riders

Looking toward March rides

Getting sick of the winter so I'm checking maps looking for good day long rides out of Boston. Anyone ridden to the summits of either Mt Graylock or Mt Tom in western Mass? Look good but I'd rather avoid riding the brake the whole ride down if that's what it is. Thanks

All on road and another black sheep (non-BMW owner). Live near Burlington, MA. I ride fairly regularly with some BMW owners, which is how I found out about this group. Nice to expand connections.

All on road and another black sheep (non-BMW owner). Live near Burlington, MA. I ride fairly regularly with some BMW owners, which is how I found out about this group. Nice to expand connections.

Welcome to the forum!
Enjoy the forum. Enjoy your ride.
Gary

I'm located in Laconia, NH. Being new to NH I'm up for any exploration of NE, just as soon as I can get these TB's synched after an Dan Cana rebuild kit.

Derek

Getting sick of the winter so I'm checking maps looking for good day long rides out of Boston. Anyone ridden to the summits of either Mt Graylock or Mt Tom in western Mass? Look good but I'd rather avoid riding the brake the whole ride down if that's what it is. Thanks

Something you might consider is a one-day on-road course with Ken Condon. See: https://www.ridinginthezone.com I had a great day a couple of years ago with Ken and two other BMW riders in a course in which he taught us all kinds of useful things. Part of the course took us up to the top of Mt. Greylock north of Pittsfield. His lessons on lane placement really stuck with me and those lessons have become a habit.

Knowledge needed...in NE

Hi all. I posted this in the garage, but wanted to post it here as well, in the off chance that someone near the NH area has the time and experience to help me out.

Within the last two weeks, I installed the Dan Cana TB kit on my '99 RT w/65K. Being a first time doing this procedure myself, I had to move a few of the screws to reseat the butterfly's. I have the bike back together and she's running pretty well at warm idle, a bit high (~13-1500rpm). I took the BBS's out and cleaned them before reseting them to the 1 1/2 turns out, I have both throttle cables back to where they were visually (yes, I failed to mark them).

I have hooked my homemade manometer up only to find that the right cylinder (as your sitting on the bike) is pulling pretty hard, so hard that I can't make any adjustments before the ATF fluid is sucked into the TB. I understand that the ATF won't hurt anything, correct me if I'm wrong please.

I have synched the TB's in the past, but not when I've had to move the TB's screws.

I'm looking for suggestions and assistance in getting my girl back on the road feeling better, lord knows I need to be back out there as well.

*Addition*

(Warm engine) right side BBS is closed completely, throttle cable all the way down. Still pulling (on the manometer) very hard to the right. Could this be an idle screw issue? Do I need to focus on the left TB to counter the pull?

When at idle, if I manually open the right side TB, the engine bogs down, as if it's not getting spark. Pulled the plug and verified that there is spark with the spark plug.

I'm at a loss on what to do. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Derek

Hi there

New to BMW owner based in Newton MA.

Mostly ride solo as all my guys are busied up these days or cannot get their [#^&*] together.

Up for weekend day trips!

Up for rides in Merrimack Valley, NH, ME VT

I'm in Chelmsford, MA. I have an '02 R1150RT (with 82K miles) and a '11 R1200RT. I am always looking for early morning or weekend rides. I'm a Yankee Beemers member and also have a few riding buddies close by, but the old routes are getting stale so hit me up.
Bruce B

Ditto to Bruce

Located in Andover MA. Just picked up a 76 90s about a month ago after being bikeless for a year.

Where are your favorite places in Maine for pie? I am heading there in about 2 weeks and a complete rookie to Maine. Visiting a cousin in Whitefield Aug 3&4.

Favorites, I have none, I don't think there is bad pie, only varying levels of good.

From Whitefield, you could venture down Rt 129/130 to Pemaquid Lighthouse, heading out of there up Rt 32 will put you on US1 and Moody's diner is right there, good food, used to be good pie, I haven't been in awhile, likely busy with tourist season. Heading north on Rt. 1 if your into fine crafted wood working tools Lie Nielsen is in Warren, they make some of the best tools in the world. Heading North from there Thomaston has interest Prision Store, wood working items hand made and sold by the Inmates at MSP. Going down 131 out of Thomaston, will take you to Port Clyde there is a bakery that's there that's wicked good along with a seafood joint right on the pier. There is also the Happy Clam in Tenants Harbor which is on 131 and good from what I hear, haven't stopped in yet. Off 131 take 73 and look for signs for "Owls Head Transportation Museum" interesting place to spend an hour or two. Also Owls Head Light House.

Lots of interesting sights all through central Maine, shops, book stores, gallery's and the like. Riding is ok, little slow with traffic but if you stay off Rt 1 as much as possible not that bad.

Good luck with your trip.

Sunday July 18th Vanilla Bean CT with the Yankee Beemers

The YB's are meeting at the Vanilla Bean in CT this Sunday morning. Hope to see some of you there . We are there all morning from 8 or so on

https://thevanillabeancafe.com/

Its a great spot in Northeast CT where a lot of interesting bikes and cars congregate. Lots of twisty roads. Food is pretty good too

Albany Schenectady Troy

Good Day

If there's anyone in the area that likes to ride let me know, I have road tires but the dealer says they can go off road also. Into riding and finding new places with allot of twists and turns.

Thanks

Getting acquainted from Haverhill MA

Hi All,

I'm from Haverhill, MA, about a mile short of New Hampshire and 20 minutes to the beaches. I ride an 800GS (and a RoadKing) and will do long rides and weekend/overnighters. In 2022, will do the Newfoundland "Iceberg Alley" and the Labrador Highway and some of the NEBDR routes.
F800GS.jpg

Back