Thread: New bike rebate for MOA members

New bike rebate for MOA members

I finally got around to getting a new BMW and bought a 2019 GS Adventure. Low and behold in perusing one of my 2019 Owner News' I saw that BMW was giving rebates between $250 to $750 to current MOA members. Excellent. I notified my dealer and he contacted BMW. Sorry, despite the benefit being for new bike purchases up until December 30, 2019, the application for the rebate had to be done by 30 days of delivery. It was about 60 days since I took delivery(mid March) when I contacted my dealer and he contacted BMW. BMW's response-"Take a hike". This is a pretty disappointing when the dealer knew nothing about it, until I notified him, and I just happened to see it in the News. Makes me leery of how they will honor warranty items in the future if they quibble over such a little issue for relatively minor amount of money. I have been an MOA member for about 15 years currently, and was previously when I bought new a 1980 R100RS(last of the big twins :-) . Spread the word to friends and dealers alike, otherwise MOA members may screwed out of this supposed benefit of membership.

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the heads up on some of the details of the deal!!
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Love the bike and rules are rules, but just a little disappointed that they took that position, and just wanted people to get the word out.

Quote Originally Posted by RS11doc View Post
    Makes me leery of how they will honor warranty items in the future if they quibble over such a little issue for relatively minor amount of money. I have been an MOA member for about 15 years currently, and was previously when I bought new a 1980 R100RS(last of the big twins :-) . Spread the word to friends and dealers alike, otherwise MOA members may screwed out of this supposed benefit of membership.
    Welcome to the forum. I wouldn't worry about BMW warranty coverage. Assuming your dealer is reputable, you shouldn't have any issues there. One could blame MOA, maybe, for not doing a better job of advertising this benefit (though you did find it yourself in the mag and it's been in there for several months). I certainly wouldn't blame BMW, it's not their job to police the application of a discount. You could blame your dealer for they surely should have known about it. I'm an MOA member and even though I'm not shopping I did know that was out there. It's water under the bridge and in the grand scheme of the things, as you said, it's not a lot of money to get worked up about. Enjoy the ride. It's a nice one!
    '13 R1200RT 90th Anniversary Edition

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new bike!

I bought my RT in January and the MOA announced the discount in February. Oh, heart breaker. (Wish I would have known about that 30 day period.) I will still enjoy my new ride! Hope you enjoy yours too.

Cheers,
    William
    2000 R1200C, 2019 R1250RT

Left Coast Rider
    For Canadian riders who are members of BMW Clubs Canada-affiliated/endorsed clubs, one must apply for the discount BEFORE you purchase your new BMW. The process takes about 7-10 days from application to approval and requires sign off by your club president. Be aware of the process or be prepared to be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by RS11doc View Post
    I finally got around to getting a new BMW and bought a 2019 GS Adventure. Low and behold in perusing one of my 2019 Owner News' I saw that BMW was giving rebates between $250 to $750 to current MOA members. Excellent. I notified my dealer and he contacted BMW. Sorry, despite the benefit being for new bike purchases up until December 30, 2019, the application for the rebate had to be done by 30 days of delivery. It was about 60 days since I took delivery(mid March) when I contacted my dealer and he contacted BMW. BMW's response-"Take a hike". This is a pretty disappointing when the dealer knew nothing about it, until I notified him, and I just happened to see it in the News. Makes me leery of how they will honor warranty items in the future if they quibble over such a little issue for relatively minor amount of money. I have been an MOA member for about 15 years currently, and was previously when I bought new a 1980 R100RS(last of the big twins :-) . Spread the word to friends and dealers alike, otherwise MOA members may screwed out of this supposed benefit of membership.
    BMW can be schizophrenic when it comes to warranty coverage. Iíve read coverage was denied because it wasnít ridden enough on a bike a year old and good will coverage beyond the parameters of coverage. Then there are the issues where they deny a problem that people are having and in some cases itís covered miraculously like fuel strips and others thereís continued denial like the plastic pulleys on throttle bodies. Hope for the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    My Motorrad
    BMWMOA 162849 | BMWRA 41335 | VROC 8109-R | VBA 19