• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New bike rebate for MOA members

RS11doc

I finally got around to getting a new BMW and bought a 2019 GS Adventure. Low and behold in perusing one of my 2019 Owner News' I saw that BMW was giving rebates between $250 to $750 to current MOA members. Excellent. I notified my dealer and he contacted BMW. Sorry, despite the benefit being for new bike purchases up until December 30, 2019, the application for the rebate had to be done by 30 days of delivery. It was about 60 days since I took delivery(mid March) when I contacted my dealer and he contacted BMW. BMW's response-"Take a hike". This is a pretty disappointing when the dealer knew nothing about it, until I notified him, and I just happened to see it in the News. Makes me leery of how they will honor warranty items in the future if they quibble over such a little issue for relatively minor amount of money. I have been an MOA member for about 15 years currently, and was previously when I bought new a 1980 R100RS(last of the big twins :) . Spread the word to friends and dealers alike, otherwise MOA members may screwed out of this supposed benefit of membership.

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the heads up on some of the details of the deal!!

Love the bike and rules are rules, but just a little disappointed that they took that position, and just wanted people to get the word out.

Makes me leery of how they will honor warranty items in the future if they quibble over such a little issue for relatively minor amount of money. I have been an MOA member for about 15 years currently, and was previously when I bought new a 1980 R100RS(last of the big twins :) . Spread the word to friends and dealers alike, otherwise MOA members may screwed out of this supposed benefit of membership.

Welcome to the forum. I wouldn't worry about BMW warranty coverage. Assuming your dealer is reputable, you shouldn't have any issues there. One could blame MOA, maybe, for not doing a better job of advertising this benefit (though you did find it yourself in the mag and it's been in there for several months). I certainly wouldn't blame BMW, it's not their job to police the application of a discount. You could blame your dealer for they surely should have known about it. I'm an MOA member and even though I'm not shopping I did know that was out there. It's water under the bridge and in the grand scheme of the things, as you said, it's not a lot of money to get worked up about. Enjoy the ride. It's a nice one!

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new bike!

I bought my RT in January and the MOA announced the discount in February. Oh, heart breaker. (Wish I would have known about that 30 day period.) I will still enjoy my new ride! Hope you enjoy yours too.

Cheers,
William

For Canadian riders who are members of BMW Clubs Canada-affiliated/endorsed clubs, one must apply for the discount BEFORE you purchase your new BMW. The process takes about 7-10 days from application to approval and requires sign off by your club president. Be aware of the process or be prepared to be disappointed.

I finally got around to getting a new BMW and bought a 2019 GS Adventure. Low and behold in perusing one of my 2019 Owner News' I saw that BMW was giving rebates between $250 to $750 to current MOA members. Excellent. I notified my dealer and he contacted BMW. Sorry, despite the benefit being for new bike purchases up until December 30, 2019, the application for the rebate had to be done by 30 days of delivery. It was about 60 days since I took delivery(mid March) when I contacted my dealer and he contacted BMW. BMW's response-"Take a hike". This is a pretty disappointing when the dealer knew nothing about it, until I notified him, and I just happened to see it in the News. Makes me leery of how they will honor warranty items in the future if they quibble over such a little issue for relatively minor amount of money. I have been an MOA member for about 15 years currently, and was previously when I bought new a 1980 R100RS(last of the big twins :) . Spread the word to friends and dealers alike, otherwise MOA members may screwed out of this supposed benefit of membership.

BMW can be schizophrenic when it comes to warranty coverage. I’ve read coverage was denied because it wasn’t ridden enough on a bike a year old and good will coverage beyond the parameters of coverage. Then there are the issues where they deny a problem that people are having and in some cases it’s covered miraculously like fuel strips and others there’s continued denial like the plastic pulleys on throttle bodies. Hope for the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BMW REBATE.......NOT FOR Canadians!

Recently bought new F850GS in Calgary, Alberta. I had my dealer apply for the alleged BMW Motorrad rebate via BMW MOU: BMW CANADA advised that BMW MOA is an American club and as such not recognized by BMW CANADA 🇨🇦.......so no rebate!
HRUMPH

I just bought a new bike and applied the discount they were offering for MSF Instructors.

The discount can also be applied if you are a First Responder or Military!

Recently bought new F850GS in Calgary, Alberta. I had my dealer apply for the alleged BMW Motorrad rebate via BMW MOU: BMW CANADA advised that BMW MOA is an American club and as such not recognized by BMW CANADA 🇨🇦.......so no rebate!
HRUMPH

I'm picking up my F850GSA tomorrow in Calgary. I knew the MOA discount did not apply here, but there are other discounts available for clubs and other conditions. Unfortunately we do not have a local club that qualifies as only BMW affiliated clubs get the discount. I was fortunate though to get the Emergency Responder's discount of $750 plus good timing landed a $2000 accessory credit for the month of June for the GSA. There were similar accessory discounts on other models, but BMW must be trying to move this model as it was the only one at that large a value. Essentially, I got all three hard cases for free.

True, but you have to have been a member for a year to qualify. Good if you pre-plan.

There are many good reasons to join a Canadian-based motorcycle club (which I won't go into here). The bike discount is just one of them.

Enjoy your new bike! :thumb

Back