Thread: K75S flooding

K75S flooding

I can start my K75S then go back after an hour or so and it doesn't seem to try to fire and floods almost immediately. If I take the plugs out, clean them and let it sit overnight it starts up but is likely to flood if you let it sit an hour or so and try it again. I should say that it floods enough that there is raw fuel in the exhaust, I know I will have to change the oil once it's fixed but really need some guidance.
    The bike has less than 10,000 miles on it and has been running great. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by beakster boy View Post
    I can start my K75S then go back after an hour or so and it doesn't seem to try to fire and floods almost immediately. If I take the plugs out, clean them and let it sit overnight it starts up but is likely to flood if you let it sit an hour or so and try it again. I should say that it floods enough that there is raw fuel in the exhaust, I know I will have to change the oil once it's fixed but really need some guidance.
    The bike has less than 10,000 miles on it and has been running great. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    This symptom can be caused by a weak battery. It can also be caused by a failing coil. A faulty engine temperature sensor is also a prime suspect since after an hour the engine is still warm. I would have the battery load tested first but really think it is a temperature sensor issue.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    This symptom can be caused by a weak battery. It can also be caused by a failing coil. A faulty engine temperature sensor is also a prime suspect since after an hour the engine is still warm. I would have the battery load tested first but really think it is a temperature sensor issue.
    The battery appears to have plenty of power and is only a year old. I will load test it and will take a look at the temperature sensor, can I test the sensor with a meter?. I will say that it did flood the other day on a cold start after sitting for a few days.
    Thanks for the information.

leaking injectors.

check fuel pressure. after shutdown pressure should stay high for a while. if it drops fairly quickly, could have an injector stuck open.
    Marshall
    92 K75s, 94 K75s, 96 K1100RS (caretaker), 09 K1300s

Quote Originally Posted by beakster boy View Post
    The battery appears to have plenty of power and is only a year old. I will load test it and will take a look at the temperature sensor, can I test the sensor with a meter?. I will say that it did flood the other day on a cold start after sitting for a few days.
    Thanks for the information.
    Yep!

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...erature-sensor
    Current: 2007 BMW R1200RT, 2013 F800GS
    Former: 1995 BMW K75S, 2009 BMW G650GS
    MOA Member #:150400, IBA#: 37558

I think your fuel pressure is not working properly check that and sure that is accurately working....