• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rally website has all the info ...

Sure took some hunting to find the seminars and site map. :banghead How about adding links in the FAQ page? That's where people typically go first IMO.

From the MOA.org home page click on Rally, Click on Rally Website, then let the cursor hover over All About The Rally.
https://www.bmwmoa.org/default.aspx
Looks like everything people have been asking for like Rally Map, Vendor, Seminars, ect.

Lee, yes I finally got there. My point was that FAQs either make more sense or should have the links also. Frequently asked questions?? Hmmm...where is the rally site map? Just sayin...put the info in multiple places so people can find it no matter the path they take.

Well, no it doesn't...

I am wanting to register before May 31 but I am getting tripped up by a question I have that is not answered in the FAQs. There is the option to reserve for extra days. There is no explanation as to whether this is days before the official start of the rally or days after the rally is over. The FAQs say "Anyone arriving prior to Thursday must be an identified volunteer with a rally committee and will be expected to volunteer for rally set-up duties. Rally set-up is a big effort and the set-up volunteers need an opportunity to get their work done in a timely fashion. Please give these volunteers a chance to get the rally ready before your arrival." Understood, but how is "identified volunteer" defined? Someone who has already signed up to volunteer somewhere, at a particular time during the rally or someone who has signed up to help with set-up? I'd LOVE some clarification. If one is an "identified volunteer" and you arrive early are you supposed to sign up for those extra days at $35 per day when you register for the rally? Thanks in advance for the answer to these questions. :wave

Louise

I am wanting to register before May 31 but I am getting tripped up by a question I have that is not answered in the FAQs. There is the option to reserve for extra days. There is no explanation as to whether this is days before the official start of the rally or days after the rally is over. The FAQs say "Anyone arriving prior to Thursday must be an identified volunteer with a rally committee and will be expected to volunteer for rally set-up duties. Rally set-up is a big effort and the set-up volunteers need an opportunity to get their work done in a timely fashion. Please give these volunteers a chance to get the rally ready before your arrival." Understood, but how is "identified volunteer" defined? Someone who has already signed up to volunteer somewhere, at a particular time during the rally or someone who has signed up to help with set-up? I'd LOVE some clarification. If one is an "identified volunteer" and you arrive early are you supposed to sign up for those extra days at $35 per day when you register for the rally? Thanks in advance for the answer to these questions. :wave

Louise

I read that as part of the RV site reservations, not additional tent site use.
In the past, the site was open to early riders who had either volunteered already or would after setting up.
I never seem to be early, so just goin' on prior years chatter

Louise

Those FAQ' are written to discourage early arrivals if not prepared to volunteer on set up. Will some who don't volunteer arrive early...well yes, they always do. We'll be way too busy to be the police. However, if you do please understand that rally setup actually begins with parts of the staff and rally team's arrival as early as Saturday before the rally begins...it is that much work. So much that in fact many parts of the rally infrastructure like porta-potties, showers, food vendors, etc. are put into place through the early in the week. So...if you arrive earlier than that all of those items will not yet be in place. The rally begins on Thursday. Security will be established around mid-day on Wednesday. We would love to have you join us and help on the set-up. This is always a mix of old hand rally rats as well as new folks just getting involved. so there is no test or check of identifying marks to make sure you are a volunteer.

Ride safe, prepare to have a lot of fun and meet new people. We look forward to seeing you at the Boogie!

Of course

Those FAQ' are written to discourage early arrivals if not prepared to volunteer on set up. Will some who don't volunteer arrive early...well yes, they always do. We'll be way too busy to be the police. However, if you do please understand that rally setup actually begins with parts of the staff and rally team's arrival as early as Saturday before the rally begins...it is that much work. So much that in fact many parts of the rally infrastructure like porta-potties, showers, food vendors, etc. are put into place through the early in the week. So...if you arrive earlier than that all of those items will not yet be in place. The rally begins on Thursday. Security will be established around mid-day on Wednesday. We would love to have you join us and help on the set-up. This is always a mix of old hand rally rats as well as new folks just getting involved. so there is no test or check of identifying marks to make sure you are a volunteer.

Ride safe, prepare to have a lot of fun and meet new people. We look forward to seeing you at the Boogie!

Of course I would help. I've done it several times before. Plan to again this year. I've written to the Volunteer Chair to say what my skills are in my workaday life and that I'm willing to help wherever needed otherwise. To me it's part of the fun. I love seeing the thousands of participants arrive by 1's, 2's, 3's, and rarely some larger traveling groups.

Louise

Back