• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Test Rides?

pappy35

Anyone know if BMW is going to have machines there for test rides? I'd love to try a new RT and a lowered GS.

If you wish to ride a demo-bike be prepared to get up early and show up early. Spots go quickly each morning.

Done. Thanks Ray. As this is my first rally, when you say early, how early do you mean? I'm not camping so I won't be on site and hence I don't know what to expect.

The Demo Ride Team folks arrive at the trailer about 8:15 usually, give or take a few minutes.

Sign up's start about 8:30, first-ride out briefing about 8:45... ride leaves at 9am.

So... each morning near 7:30-7:45, a few of us with coffee in hand will begin to assemble, and the line will form and begin to grow rapidly by 8am.

Those closest to the front, each morning... name their ride time and bike choice.

"travel'n" John

The Demo Ride Team folks arrive at the trailer about 8:15 usually, give or take a few minutes.

Sign up's start about 8:30, first-ride out briefing about 8:45... ride leaves at 9am.

So... each morning near 7:30-7:45, a few of us with coffee in hand will begin to assemble, and the line will form and begin to grow rapidly by 8am.

Those closest to the front, each morning... name their ride time and bike choice.

"travel'n" John

Got it. Is there just one ride per day?

7:30 AM if you need to get a specific time and a specific bike... later if you don't care about the bike/time.

I do believe they limit you to 1 ride/day.

Back