• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

One you don’t have

Ed: just ride one; you'll get it out of your system fast. :D

Not a bike I'd own to ride a lot, just love the styling and always thought it would be cool to own one. I'd have nowhere to keep it if I did find one though.

HP2 Sport for me...
HP2_Sport_3.jpg

The one I don’t have any more....

Foolishly, I sold this bike because... well... I am getting older and I was afraid I’d kill myself on it!

Now I deeply regret this!

IMG_1168-X2.jpg

IMG_3829-X2.jpg

I have a pic of H standing next to the HP2 Enduro...she's laughing at the seat height a foot above her hip. Need to find it.

Nice pic, and yes, at 36" that saddle is way up there. This is Dave Anderson's (Anderwerks BMW) HP2E supermotard conversion, on 31A in the Kootenays. It's pretty nimble:

HP2 SHOT (Medium).PNG

Last edited:
I think I'd like to go back to an Airhead....no abs, [I even like drum brakes] , no FI, no computer,...etc. Just go back and simplify. Buy it naked, farkle as i choose. Maybe an R75/5...a bit of engine work , to boost power? Or ! I had an 83 CS.....had it just how i wanted it....and then spotted a 99 Oilhead R/S....made the trade. Wish I had the CS back. We do not necessarily get wiser with age.......jus'sayin'

Back