• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How can I choose specific threads to mark as read

WalterK75

Is it possible to select threads to mark as read? I know I can mark forums read from the Forum Actions tab at the top of the page. I'd like to take the threads that are older but unread and mark them as read. I don't want to do them individually. I don't even know if this is possible or not.

Walter -

To date, I've not seen that specific feature. Sorry!

About the only thing that I can think of that might speed the process up is to use the Ctrl key when in Windows. If you hold the Ctrl key down and then click on the little round bubble to the left of the thread name, and click on all the ones you want to convert to "already read", Windows opens each of these threads up in tabs across the top of the screen. Then you can go up to the right edge of each tab and click on the "X". Start with the left most tab, keep your mouse hovering over the same point, and just click each "X" as they move to the left. Then each of those threads will have been "read". Hit the refresh button and continue if you have more threads that you want to do this to.

It's easy and relatively quick to do this...and you don't actually have to open up each thread manually to look at it. The fact that you created each of these individual tabs is effectively reading them...but the ease to close the tabs makes it go by easily.

Back