• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Anything new in windshields for the F800GS?

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
2009 F800GS, stock windshield, Nolan N102 modular helmet.......old guy looking to quite things down a bit and reduce the wind buffeting on the rider....

I was out on the highway today, the day was a bit windy. At speed, the buffeting and wind noise was much less than comfortable. After completing my errand, I came back on secondary roads in the 40 mph range with more “shielding” the the open highway provides.

Anyone have good results changing the windshield on one of these? :ear

TIA
OM

2009 F800GS, stock windshield, Nolan N102 modular helmet.......old guy looking to quite things down a bit and reduce the wind buffeting on the rider....

I was out on the highway today, the day was a bit windy. At speed, the buffeting and wind noise was much less than comfortable. After completing my errand, I came back on secondary roads in the 40 mph range with more “shielding” the the open highway provides.

Anyone have good results changing the windshield on one of these? :ear

TIA
OM

Do you have the tall stock shield? If so, will you sell it?

I heard Madstad shield is good and it’s adjustable.

Hi Anna :wave
It’s whatever came with the bike. Seems like there would be something better.
OM

Hi Anna :wave
It’s whatever came with the bike. Seems like there would be something better.
OM

Hello GARY,
👋 :wave

There are a lot of good shields out there. I know someone who tried many different ones. They liked the Madstad shield best. It may be a trial and error situation to find one that your happy with. Aeroflow good shield too. Cee Bailey is good. wunderlich is good.

I’m looking for a like new used OEM tall shield for my bike.

I hope your are doing well.

:brad

Back