• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Berryman B-12 Chem Tool

capricorn54

I need to use some type of fuel treatment in my K1300GT fuel to help with the stall at idle. I have heard that BMW recommends Chevron Techron fuel additive as a solution to this problem. I cannot find information indicating that Techron is a water dispersant. Is Berryman B-12 Chem Tool recommended to be used in the fuel for the K1300? Is it a better water dispersant than Sta-Bil?

Are you using a fuel additive that you can recommend that will act as a water dispersant and octane "enhancer".

BMW seemingly rebranded the Techron bottle they sell at the dealerships. It was/is the go to solution for these models, my thinking was it was compatible to the fuel strip sensor as well. Our K12's seemed to behave better with regular doses of Techron.
Have no idea of water dispersant properties...have used HEET for that. I have not tried Chemtools product.

Where are you getting excess water from in your fuel, or is it a storage issue?
Not much help I know:dunno

I may end up moving this to Motorrad as well as it may get lost in Just Ridin' and not as much exposure .

I need to use some type of fuel treatment in my K1300GT fuel to help with the stall at idle. I have heard that BMW recommends Chevron Techron fuel additive as a solution to this problem. I cannot find information indicating that Techron is a water dispersant. Is Berryman B-12 Chem Tool recommended to be used in the fuel for the K1300? Is it a better water dispersant than Sta-Bil?

Are you using a fuel additive that you can recommend that will act as a water dispersant and octane "enhancer".

Do you know that you have water in the fuel? Or is it just that some injectors may be dirty or gummed? My go-to for making sure injectors are clean and not sticky has always been BG-44 from NAPA. Techron is great stuff as a preventative, which is why I always buy Chevron or Texaco fuel if possible since it contains Techron. But for spot-cleaning the BG-44 is much more effective in my experience.

If you are actually dealing with a water-in-fuel issue an appropriately sized dose of plain old HEET followed by a long and enthusiastic ride, followed by a refuel with clean top-tier fuel might be much more effective than the other additives or treatments mentioned here.

Best,
DG

BMW seemingly rebranded the Techron bottle they sell at the dealerships. It was/is the go to solution for these models, my thinking was it was compatible to the fuel strip sensor as well. Our K12's seemed to behave better with regular doses of Techron.
Have no idea of water dispersant properties...have used HEET for that. I have not tried Chemtools product.

Where are you getting excess water from in your fuel, or is it a storage issue?
Not much help I know:dunno

I may end up moving this to Motorrad as well as it may get lost in Just Ridin' and not as much exposure .

When I replaced the fuel pump I noticed some indications of possible water separation in the bottom of the fuel tank. I think this is mostly a storage issue with seasonal temperature changes.

Back