Thread: Berryman B-12 Chem Tool

Berryman B-12 Chem Tool

I need to use some type of fuel treatment in my K1300GT fuel to help with the stall at idle. I have heard that BMW recommends Chevron Techron fuel additive as a solution to this problem. I cannot find information indicating that Techron is a water dispersant. Is Berryman B-12 Chem Tool recommended to be used in the fuel for the K1300? Is it a better water dispersant than Sta-Bil?

Are you using a fuel additive that you can recommend that will act as a water dispersant and octane "enhancer".

BMW seemingly rebranded the Techron bottle they sell at the dealerships. It was/is the go to solution for these models, my thinking was it was compatible to the fuel strip sensor as well. Our K12's seemed to behave better with regular doses of Techron.
    Have no idea of water dispersant properties...have used HEET for that. I have not tried Chemtools product.

Where are you getting excess water from in your fuel, or is it a storage issue?
    Not much help I know

I may end up moving this to Motorrad as well as it may get lost in Just Ridin' and not as much exposure .
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

Quote Originally Posted by capricorn54 View Post
    I need to use some type of fuel treatment in my K1300GT fuel to help with the stall at idle. I have heard that BMW recommends Chevron Techron fuel additive as a solution to this problem. I cannot find information indicating that Techron is a water dispersant. Is Berryman B-12 Chem Tool recommended to be used in the fuel for the K1300? Is it a better water dispersant than Sta-Bil?

Are you using a fuel additive that you can recommend that will act as a water dispersant and octane "enhancer".
    Do you know that you have water in the fuel? Or is it just that some injectors may be dirty or gummed? My go-to for making sure injectors are clean and not sticky has always been BG-44 from NAPA. Techron is great stuff as a preventative, which is why I always buy Chevron or Texaco fuel if possible since it contains Techron. But for spot-cleaning the BG-44 is much more effective in my experience.

If you are actually dealing with a water-in-fuel issue an appropriately sized dose of plain old HEET followed by a long and enthusiastic ride, followed by a refuel with clean top-tier fuel might be much more effective than the other additives or treatments mentioned here.

Best,
    DG
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST 1984 R80 G/S PD 1993 R100GS 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C 2010 K1300GT
    BMWMOA#52184, AMA#271542, IBA#138

Nick Kennedy
    If you you get the HEET
    Get the RED bottle
    Mo bettah

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    BMW seemingly rebranded the Techron bottle they sell at the dealerships. It was/is the go to solution for these models, my thinking was it was compatible to the fuel strip sensor as well. Our K12's seemed to behave better with regular doses of Techron.
    Have no idea of water dispersant properties...have used HEET for that. I have not tried Chemtools product.

Where are you getting excess water from in your fuel, or is it a storage issue?
    Not much help I know

I may end up moving this to Motorrad as well as it may get lost in Just Ridin' and not as much exposure .
    When I replaced the fuel pump I noticed some indications of possible water separation in the bottom of the fuel tank. I think this is mostly a storage issue with seasonal temperature changes.