• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

'19 Lebanon Rally Routes (local)

BNAHOSS

(One more, Three falls ride on post #4)
I would think there would be an interest, so I put mouse to Base camp. (.gpx) Being local to the area I'd thought (I know, it'll haunt me later) I'd give some of the visitors to our neck of the woods some options/suggestions to ride and explore. All routes start and end at the fairgrounds in Lebanon. Each route is based on a departure of 9am. I made 4 routes and put them to my google drive;

Natchez Trace Route:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TX4WCpdhn32swwMiM3m-Mw6OTfSTrF1C/view?usp=sharing <-- Click for link to .gpx file
This route starts out by hoping on I-40 to get to East Nashville. Leave any sooner and you'll hit traffic. (not to say you won’t at any hour). You'll jump off and hit the two lanes and then pick up the northern most part of Natchez Trace. (the part that actually has curves). Riding it down to Leipers Fork, TN (WARNING: STATE PARK RANGER with NOTHING BETTER TO DO). Once off the trace, you'll meander the back roads and ultimately wind up at Puckett's Restaurant in the town Square of Columbia, TN. for lunch. (it’s in the southeast corner of the building. The sign is hidden by trees. From this point, it’s all two lane back roads back to the rally. 209 Miles 4:15 total time

To - Jack Daniel's Distillery Ride:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gIH5kB2LFhUYP-lj4th7XX2tR7viF1Zw/view?usp=sharing <-- Click for link to .gpx file
This one is simple, takes you out to JD's via two lanes you most likely wouldn't discover. Nothing to brag about, but better than the Interstate. 88 Miles 2:01 Total time.
NOTE: There are several tours. all leave from the main building. it would BEHOOVE YOU to go on-line and purchase tickets before you show up. No cost difference, only you can pick what time you want to start any of the tours. They may be slow, they may have a tour bus full of hardley riders or worse, those GS'ers! Plan ahead! Jack Daniels Site HERE

Once you get into town, don't try to park at the distillery, its gravel. They have a new multi-million-dollar parking lot (on the right, across the street AND ITS FREE! There is a foot bridge leading from the distillery into the town of Lynchburg, tourist crap, food and the "company store". Make sure to stop at the Harley Store (no bikes) to express your admiration for the brand! Depending on the time spent, I did make a route to return to the rally, but you may wish to Slab it back up to Lebanon (you saved your location at the rally in your GPS, right? or...​

From - FROM Jack Daniel's Distillery
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S2Dp0tFcsTZ7TOukuMqetSulBQaN8i2A/view?usp=sharing <-- Click for link to .gpx file
More of the same, two lane roads that take you through Shelbyville, Wartrace, Bell Buckle up and over I-24 through MurFREESboro and back into the rally. 90 Miles 1:46 Total Time

Finally, is my favorite of these routes, I play up there often as there are no cops, little traffic and fun little out of the way twisty’s!...

Red Route One: (hint: Red October Movie)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_On9Y4CDbVAzEqan9WNSstwLOwC0R2Ee/view?usp=sharing <-- Click for link to .gpx file
Mosey on out of town, NORTH. towards Lafayette, a few good roads, open her up and it will be better. Once in town, you'll be turning right on Red Boiling Hot Springs road. Once you start seeing the yellow directional highway signs (5+ miles down the road), hold on to your britches! once through the mini dragon (really mini) you’re in for some nice sweepers and a road that hugs the countryside. Warning, a few of those blind (what the **** is on the other side of this rock) corners are fairly sharp... Once past beautiful Hull lake, that dumps into the Cumberland River, it’s nothing but well maintained remote two-lane bliss. Eventually, you'll stop for lunch in Cookeville, TN at Crawdaddy's West Side Grill right off the town square. Those that are two up or don’t like to eat are ride a crap load more tight twisty roads or just plain tired from muscling the beast all day, I-40 is just south of the lunch spot, easy return to Lebanon.

For you other miscreants, I have laid out Hwy 290 for you. Be warned, I've ridden with a few crotch rocket types and a few have gone down. No injuries but be mindful of your speed and ride your ride. I don't have a trailer, and the last time a farmer with a tractor pulled the bike up to the road! Once off 290, the road to Granville, TN, is nice, scenic and picturesque even... The road meanders back to Lebanon to end the day on a good note. 202 Miles 4:28 Total ride time

NOTE: I'll be taking my brother from another mother (Hallzee) on RR1, for those that are inclined, we’ll be leaving at 9:30 AM from the Raceway (pure) gas station on Friday.

Hopefully the links work... if not, I'm certain someone will say something. Enjoy the rally, enjoy Tennessee as a 6 years ago, transplant from NorCal, I sure do.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    244.4 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
Noticed one was left off!

[URL="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ISoyVyCS5hBy0Mfi09DEoL1AYmWnuMvw/view?usp=sharing”] Three Falls Ride: [/URL] ]
Again, starting at the rally, ride north a few miles then a right to get out of town, the first section is fairly straight, but watch for the nice sweepers (if you’re into that sort of thing: laugh:). cut south to Center Hill Lake, over the dam and back to heading east along nice twisty roads, nothing too mind boggling, but fun none the less. Eventually you'll head south again, stopping off at Burgess Falls State Park. Stop at the parking lot, the falls themselves are a short walk down an easy path. (the easy path is the UPPER path). medium difficulty (lots of stairs) on the lower path. Once mounted back up, more two-lane spender awaits until you get to the next falls. Rock island State park. Watch for the left turn, it'll sneak up on you. The road looks like an old logging trail, but it gets much better (and wider) as you go. You should have passed Foglight Foodhouse (only open for dinner). The falls are visible from the parking lot at the end (ALLOW enough space for a U-turn if you go all the way to the end! the road slops down, fairly steeply) Park at the first parking area (dirt if memory serves) or send a runner to see if there is parking lower). There is a cement staircase to the river floor, if anyone feels inclined. After that, lunch is a short ride away.... The landing, it isn’t much but you’re out in the sticks! After lunch however... Hwy 30, nice two-lane black top, nice twisty’s, your welcome, enjoy!

You'll head into Fall Creek Falls State Park next. Nice state park, nice roads, rangers are pretty good. You'll take a left at some point to run the scenic loop. Once on the loop there is another short hike to view the waterfall, which cascades down 256 feet, is one of the tallest single vertical drop fall east of the Rocky Mountains. for those inclined to stay or visit another day, hikes to several other falls are in the same park. Once you’re done with the park, you'll hightail it back via old 111 (roller-coaster road) ultimately to Hwy 70S, then back to the rally via some more two lanes and twisty’s. 220 Miles 4:38 total time

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ISoyVyCS5hBy0Mfi09DEoL1AYmWnuMvw/view?usp=sharing <-- Click for link to .gpx file

If you do the cyan route and are into aviation the Tullahoma airport has great Beechcraft museum with many of the first a/c off the line including my favorite the Staggerwing .

I just scheduled a JD tour for my wife and I on Friday at 4PM. We're doing the Flight tour. Anyone want to join us? We plan to eat lunch near the rally site and then head down on there, maybe stop here and there along the way. The tour is 90 minutes.

BNAHOSS said:
I would think there would be an interest, so I put mouse to Base camp. (.gpx) Being local to the area I'd thought (I know, it'll haunt me later) I'd give some of the visitors to our neck of the woods some options/suggestions to ride and explore.

Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Too bad this is not published in The Owners News.

Ian

Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Too bad this is not published in The Owners News.

Ian

That's an excellent idea for future rallies! Those of you living near the site of the 2020 rally, please sharpen your pencils and submit articles to the ON. (Not a good idea to wait till the last moment as the printing is locked down in advance.)

Pete

I just scheduled a JD tour for my wife and I on Friday at 4PM. We're doing the Flight tour. Anyone want to join us? We plan to eat lunch near the rally site and then head down on there, maybe stop here and there along the way. The tour is 90 minutes.

I may tag along for that one! I'm working (volunteering) at the rally in the morning but will be freed up, had food and be free by 4. Ill keep an eye on the thread here to see if the plans change or get a meeting time/place etc.

I may tag along for that one! I'm working (volunteering) at the rally in the morning but will be freed up, had food and be free by 4. Ill keep an eye on the thread here to see if the plans change or get a meeting time/place etc.

...Read again closely friends; you don't want to be disappointed by not getting in,
because of NOT having an ADVANCED Reservation (4pm) on the Friday afternoon tour.

Those folks have their's, and will be leaving midday, to arrive early (as required)... its an hour and a half away.

Hope he see's this in time.

...Read again closely friends; you don't want to be disappointed by not getting in,
because of NOT having an ADVANCED Reservation (4pm) on the Friday afternoon tour.

Those folks have their's, and will be leaving midday, to arrive early (as required)... its an hour and a half away.

Hope he see's this in time.

Ah! Thanks for pointing out my error, much appreciated.

How are dirt opportunities in the area?

This is great, thanks for putting it together. My whole group riding down from Madison WI is going to be on GSs. We love pavement riding but might want to explore some less-improved roads as well (fire roads, forest service roads, etc). How is the rally area for that? Any recommendations?

Magenta,,...Cyan??? Those aren't on my color pallet. I'm lost.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your local rides with us outsiders.

If you do the cyan route and are into aviation the Tullahoma airport has great Beechcraft museum with many of the first a/c off the line including my favorite the Staggerwing .

Thanks, we enjoyed the museum.
20190614_121213-1008x756.jpg

Back