• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Cannot remove GPS from Cradle (2015 K1600 GT)

TheWizard

Hi Folks,

new on this forum, looking for some advise on a stupid problem.
trying to remove the GPS unit from the cradle but the device wont come out, i am able to pop the cradle all the way up, however, i'm unable to pull the GPS unit out of its cradle... did anyone experience anything like this before? any advise? i'm hesitant trying using some tools so i wont break the unit or the cradle, but really need to take it out.

any advise would be great.

Thanks.

Have you mounted and dismounted the GPS before? I’m trying to determine if it is a case of a malfunctioning cradle or inexperience.

Simply reach behind the unit, on the right side, and press the RELEASE button.

It's just like the typical handlebar cradles; a protruding button that is the Safety/Release feature
[not the dashboard itself].

Simply reach behind the unit, on the right side, and press the RELEASE button.

It's just like the typical handlebar cradles; a protruding button that is the Safety/Release feature
[not the dashboard itself].

OMG, this is embarrassing!

thanks for the help ;-)

:banghead

thanks for the help ;-)

:banghead

Personally I think no one should be embarrassed to ask a question about something that you are not familiar with. More people should ask questions throughout their life, it would alleviate misunderstandings.

Regards

Neil

So, glad ya followed the instructions, precisely.
Just a matter of learning your way around your m/c.

Ask more questions; you might learn other Need-2-Know K16 ‘lessons learned.’
Just tryin to help; that’s all....
Ciao, HSV-Phil :thumb

Back