Thread: Left Lane Campers:

Left Lane Campers:

I hope I can share this uplifting Public Service Announcement on this Forum legally. I just want to publicize it more broadly.

Since we bought our home in HSV 'unexpectedly' last May, I've driven up and down I-81 along the Shenandoah valley many times. I see this phenomenon very often, and it greatly aggravates me & you I'm sure. Of course you can't make an 18-wheeler go any faster than it is capable of on those long hills, but there are stupid, inconsiderate truck drivers as well as many insane car/pick-up drivers... In fact, I was just driving north to MD again on Thurs, and some doofus in a sedan in Tennessee was driving in formation (intentionally I believe) with a heavily laden tractor trailer. After miles stuck behind him, I finally leaned on my pip-squeak Civic's horn to get his attention. He eventually speeded up enuf to allow me to pass on the right (yes, I realize that's not a great idea either)...

Perhaps you can share this link/video with your parents, children, or delusional friends. As Rodney King once said: "Why can't we all just get along?" better on North America's highways & byways.

ENJOY!
    https://www.motorcycle.com/features/...squatters.html

Whatever you do....

... DONíT try this in Italy.

Left lane hogging!

Quote Originally Posted by HSVPhil View Post
    Since we bought our home in HSV 'unexpectedly' last May, I've driven up and down I-81 along the Shenandoah valley many times. I see this phenomenon very often, and it greatly aggravates me & you I'm sure.
    An excellent example of the "me first" mentality; the decline of civility; and the lack of courtesy in our society today. Until folks learn manners or the fines get huge we will continue to see this (mis)behavior.

p.s. The fine in west Texas for driving in the left lane while not passing is $144.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Camping out in the passing lane on an Autobahn ranks right below 1st degree murder and just above 2d degree murder in the seriousness of the offense. As should be.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197 bogthebasher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    Camping out in the passing lane on an Autobahn ranks right below 1st degree murder and just above 2d degree murder in the seriousness of the offense. As should be.
    Agreed.
    Ken Dittrick
    2008 R1200RT (Biarritz Blau)

Excuses are the rocks upon which our dreams are crushed - Tim Fargo

I agree with everything all posters have said, however Ö in today's road environment I will NEVER make any sort of gesture to the driver of another vehicle. Does not seem to take much to set off a driver into a road rage frenzy, and I am always on the smaller vehicle.

Good luck.
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST