• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Left Lane Campers:

HSVPhil

AlaBeemer_Prez
I hope I can share this uplifting Public Service Announcement on this Forum legally. I just want to publicize it more broadly.

Since we bought our home in HSV 'unexpectedly' last May, I've driven up and down I-81 along the Shenandoah valley many times. I see this phenomenon very often, and it greatly aggravates me & you I'm sure. Of course you can't make an 18-wheeler go any faster than it is capable of on those long hills, but there are stupid, inconsiderate truck drivers as well as many insane car/pick-up drivers... :banghead In fact, I was just driving north to MD again on Thurs, and some doofus in a sedan in Tennessee was driving in formation (intentionally I believe) with a heavily laden tractor trailer. After miles stuck behind him, I finally leaned on my pip-squeak Civic's horn to get his attention. He eventually speeded up enuf to allow me to pass on the right (yes, I realize that's not a great idea either)...

Perhaps you can share this link/video with your parents, children, or delusional friends. As Rodney King once said: "Why can't we all just get along?" better on North America's highways & byways.

ENJOY! :thumb
https://www.motorcycle.com/features/the-safety-based-case-against-left-lane-squatters.html

Left lane hogging!

Since we bought our home in HSV 'unexpectedly' last May, I've driven up and down I-81 along the Shenandoah valley many times. I see this phenomenon very often, and it greatly aggravates me & you I'm sure.

An excellent example of the "me first" mentality; the decline of civility; and the lack of courtesy in our society today. Until folks learn manners or the fines get huge we will continue to see this (mis)behavior.

p.s. The fine in west Texas for driving in the left lane while not passing is $144. :)

Camping out in the passing lane on an Autobahn ranks right below 1st degree murder and just above 2d degree murder in the seriousness of the offense. As should be.

I agree with everything all posters have said, however … in today's road environment I will NEVER make any sort of gesture to the driver of another vehicle. Does not seem to take much to set off a driver into a road rage frenzy, and I am always on the smaller vehicle.

Good luck.

Back