Thread: New VP in Charge of BMW Mottorad of the Americas is Named

New VP in Charge of BMW Mottorad of the Americas is Named

Interesting that it is now "BMW Motorrad of the Americas (including Canada Mexico and Latin America) instead of just BMW Motorrad USA. I am curious how this plays out in Canada where BMW has operated separate for the United States.

" Trudy Hardy: Vice President, BMW Motorrad of the Americas

Trudy Hardy will assume Peyton’s previous post as vice president of BMW Motorrad of the Americas. In her new position, Hardy will be responsible for all BMW Motorrad operations in both North and South America, including the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, and Latin America Direct Market Operations. Since 2013, she has served as vice president of marketing for BMW of North America

Hardy has been an avid motorcycle rider over the course of her more than 20-years in the industry. She began her career with the BMW Group in 2001 as one of the original team members responsible for launching the MINI brand in the U.S. Since then, Hardy has led marketing in various departments across the company from aftersales to MINI and BMW, responsible for brand strategy, positioning, product management, and communications."

I wish Trudy well in her new position and hope we can meet her in Tennessee in June.
    Last edited by PGlaves; 05-03-2019 at 10:43 PM.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Paul - I wonder if you'd discovered a change in corporate structure. Here's a quotation taken from the BMW NA website regarding the same promotion for Trudy Hardy and the last sentence may be the most important regarding to whom she reports:

"Trudy Hardy: Vice President, BMW Motorrad of the Americas

Trudy Hardy will assume Peyton’s previous post as vice president of BMW Motorrad of the Americas. In her new position, Hardy will be responsible for all BMW Motorrad operations in both North and South America, including the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, and Latin America Direct Market Operations. Since 2013, she has served as vice president of marketing for BMW of North America

Hardy has been an avid motorcycle rider over the course of her more than 20-years in the industry. She began her career with the BMW Group in 2001 as one of the original team members responsible for launching the MINI brand in the U.S. Since then, Hardy has led marketing in various departments across the company from aftersales to MINI and BMW, responsible for brand strategy, positioning, product management, and communications.

Hardy’s successor will be announced at a later date.

Both Peyton and Hardy will report directly to Bernhard Kuhnt, president and CEO of BMW of North America, and serve as members of the company’s executive management team."
    John Gamel - BMW MOA Consumer Liaison
    2015 Ebony Metallic R1200RT
    Watching the sunrise outdoors statistically increases your odds of having a good day. And needing a nap after lunch.

Surely you jest... (and I thought my name was bad...)
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511

Quote Originally Posted by azgman View Post
    Surely you jest... (and I thought my name was bad...)
    Come up out of the gutter...

I was noting the apparent movement of all BMW Motorrad operations under BMW NA.
    John Gamel - BMW MOA Consumer Liaison
    2015 Ebony Metallic R1200RT
    Watching the sunrise outdoors statistically increases your odds of having a good day. And needing a nap after lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by ExGMan View Post
    Paul - I wonder if you'd discovered a change in corporate structure. Here's a quotation taken from the BMW NA website regarding the same promotion for Trudy Hardy and the last sentence may be the most important regarding to whom she reports:

Both Peyton and Hardy will report directly to Bernhard Kuhnt, president and CEO of BMW of North America, and serve as members of the company’s executive management team." [/I]
    So, the head of BMW Canada should be polishing up the ‘ol resume? And if all management will be centralized through NA how will that affect the current differences in warranty provisions, etc?

Best,
    DG
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST — 1984 R80 G/S-PD — 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C — 2010 K1300GT — 2018 R1200GS
    BMWMOA#52184, AMA#271542, IBA#138

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197 bogthebasher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GTRider View Post
    So, the head of BMW Canada should be polishing up the ‘ol resume? And if all management will be centralized through NA how will that affect the current differences in warranty provisions, etc?

Best,
    DG
    This is indeed an excellent opportunity to align programs and offers. Also a good time for our club executive to introduce themselves and our club which would have similar geographical coverage to BMW Motorrad.
    Ken Dittrick
    2008 R1200RT (Biarritz Blau)

Excuses are the rocks upon which our dreams are crushed - Tim Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by ExGMan View Post

... snip

Both Peyton and Hardy will report directly to Bernhard Kuhnt, president and CEO of BMW of North America, and serve as members of the company’s executive management team." [/I]
    I wonder what will happen to Peyton longer term...?

Quote Originally Posted by bogthebasher View Post
    This is indeed an excellent opportunity to align programs and offers. Also a good time for our club executive to introduce themselves and our club which would have similar geographical coverage to BMW Motorrad.
    45 years on one would think they’d know about us and hopefully help us overcome the Canadian and Mexican roadblocks we’ve had in the past? That would be a good thing, methinks.

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197 bogthebasher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    45 years on one would think they’d know about us and hopefully help us overcome the Canadian and Mexican roadblocks we’ve had in the past? That would be a good thing, methinks.
    I dunno. These days corporations with constant executive churn have VERY short memories. Especially when chasing the next quarterly profit numbers over a wide array of products and regions.
    Ken Dittrick
    2008 R1200RT (Biarritz Blau)

Excuses are the rocks upon which our dreams are crushed - Tim Fargo

Interesting that BMW Motorrad for the entire western hemisphere has been folded under BMW NA. Is there no South American BMW auto presence? My tea-leaf reading skills are not good but I wonder if this presages a larger shakeup in corporate structure. And of course my "shakeup" may be your "corporate realignment" which could be someone else's "gutting".
    2016 R1200 GSA

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    I wonder what will happen to Peyton longer term...?
    Historically, he will be promoted to a higher level of responsibility within the CAR division for having survived a time in the purgatory of the NA motorcycle division.

Friedle
    Ride fast safely

Quote Originally Posted by wbrownell9 View Post
    Interesting that BMW Motorrad for the entire western hemisphere has been folded under BMW NA. Is there no South American BMW auto presence? My tea-leaf reading skills are not good but I wonder if this presages a larger shakeup in corporate structure. And of course my "shakeup" may be your "corporate realignment" which could be someone else's "gutting".
    I didn't read BMW of the Americas; only BMW Motorrad of the Americas.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/