• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Will I love an F750GS?

gtriffon

In 2017, I traded my 2006 R12GS for a 2017 R12RT. I love it!!!! .... But, most of my riding is commuting in and around NYC. I miss my GS on the banged up city streets and highways so I am considering getting an F750GS. Any thoughts?

Thanks!!
GT

Last edited:
The F750GS has received generally good reviews, but is significantly heavier and more complicated than the F700GS that preceded it. It also has a new Chinese engine that has not yet been time tested. In a middleweight, I don’t want that extra weight, nor do I need the electronic features (ride modes, TFT screen, etc.). I intentionally went with the 700.

Thanks for response. I am looking for a used F700GS for exactly the reasons you outlined. I agree that many of the the 750's features (TFT, etc.) are things I do not want. :thumb

My wife bought one of the first F650gs twins and put 43k on it then went to a F700gs and put 71k on that. She now has a 2019 F750gs and loves it. She feels that is by far the better bike. Some of the bells and whistles are fluff but when you travel the way we do the cruise control and shift assist are great to have.

Just Drove F750 - Loved It

My dealer yesterday provided me a 2019 F750GS as a loaner while my R1200GS was in for service. I was very impressed. I've driven the F700 and F800's and did not like either much, so was not expecting much, but the 750 drives like a totally different bike. Bottom line is that it was incredibly fun to drive. Engine had great low end torque, sounded cool, and the bike handled beautifully. It had the TFT but no other frills, felt super light, etc. I actually thought "this would make a great city commuting bike." Was sorry to have to turn it back in. I'd say drive it and see what you think, but from perspective of a R1200GS owner, I was very impressed.

While my R1150R was in for new tires yesterday, I got to test ride a new F750GS. I was interested in seeing how it compared to my F700GS, since most (but not all) reviews have found it to be a much better motorcycle. After riding it for about an hour, I concluded that, for me, it is not. That’s not to say that I didn’t like it; it IS a nice machine, but it almost feels like a different class of bike from the 700. In terms of heft, it felt more like my 1150, probably because it is about the same weight.

The things that won me over to the F700GS were the suspension — which is sort of the special sauce that makes a GS — and the light weight and agility, neither of which are better on the 750. The suspension, in fact, feels much better on my bike (I have the electronically adjustable setup). In fairness, the 750 I rode had the low suspension option, so I don’t know how much that compromised the ride, but it was certainly inferior to my 700. The new motor, OTOH, felt punchier than the 700, even though it only has a little more power, and is significantly heavier. I don’t know how much of that had to do with the gearing, but the difference was noticeable. The engine did feel rougher and less refined than the 700, but some might consider that it has more “character”. Anyway, it works very well.

The TFT screen is very good, but I still have a fondness for analog clocks, so I’m kind of on the fence about that.

In the end, I can definitely recommend the new F750GS, but like BMW Magazine, did not find it to be an overall improvement over its predecessor.

Back