• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Packtalk Bold with JBL speakers communications system

brownie0486

Anyone have experience with the above?

I'm presently using a Sena 20S, but thinking of moving to the above due to the ease of voice commands and JBL speakers for better sound quality/volume.

I used the site search feature of google and put in "Packtalk Bold" and got some hits for recent postings.

site:forums.bmwmoa.org Packtalk Bold

Just purchased the 2 pack of the Cardo Bold with JBL speakers myself after some research. Decided these instead of more Sena 20s/20s evo units.

Anyone have experience with the above?

I'm presently using a Sena 20S, but thinking of moving to the above due to the ease of voice commands and JBL speakers for better sound quality/volume.

I shifted from Sena 20S to PT Bold almost a year ago. I have no experience with the JBL speakers.

Pairing between PT Bold units is definitely easier on the PT Bold.

I have used both in helmet speakers and custom Ear Buds, both work well, the volume of the in-helmet speakers is sufficient for me to use ear[lugs while riding yet still hear Phone. Music. Other Riders, GPS, etc with my Shoei Neotec at speed. For Music, the volume has to be full on both the Android and the PT Bold when using helmet speakers.

The PT Bold "Mesh" communication is hands down easier to use than the Sena BT system.

I've had no issues pairing my Phone and my Nav V to the PT Bold.

The PT Bold Android App is excellent.

PT Customer service has been outstanding, they immediately replaced my original early unit when it had problems. I have had no issues with Unit #2 over 15,000 miles.

The PT Bold is "Waterproof" fully tested in several "Frog Stranglers".

I shifted from Sena 20S to PT Bold almost a year ago. I have no experience with the JBL speakers.

Pairing between PT Bold units is definitely easier on the PT Bold.

I have used both in helmet speakers and custom Ear Buds, both work well, the volume of the in-helmet speakers is sufficient for me to use ear[lugs while riding yet still hear Phone. Music. Other Riders, GPS, etc with my Shoei Neotec at speed. For Music, the volume has to be full on both the Android and the PT Bold when using helmet speakers.

The PT Bold "Mesh" communication is hands down easier to use than the Sena BT system.

I've had no issues pairing my Phone and my Nav V to the PT Bold.

The PT Bold Android App is excellent.

PT Customer service has been outstanding, they immediately replaced my original early unit when it had problems. I have had no issues with Unit #2 over 15,000 miles.

The PT Bold is "Waterproof" fully tested in several "Frog Stranglers".

Thanks for the information sir.

I was thinks about buying a PT / JBL my self, have you purchased it yet ? If so how do you like it?

Back