Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Will It Be A Dry Beer Garden This Year?

free suds?

Quote Originally Posted by flyhi2cfar View Post
    When you guy's wake up and let the volunteers draw "themselves a free beer" at end of their shift this "need help" madness will stop!

"travel"n John
    Tell you what, John, you can have mine because I don't drink alcohol. Or very little, that is.

keep the rubber side down,

Louise

Biergarten volunteers

good morning.

MAD Dog here. Have pondered for several days, how to reply to the last post. Here I go.

While I agree that my practice of free beer at shift end has been somewhat hit or miss, also recognize that I am not there 24/7, as I do wander a bit. {Like to AIRHEAD CENTRAL}. Unfortunately, I think that my time off will be very limited this year, due to a number of factors. Having said that, there have been many shifts that have received free beer. I will endeavor to be better. However, also recognize that NO ONE wants to work the last shift of the last day of ANYTHING ANYWHERE. I've done enough volunteer work to make this comment stick.

We have always had next to no one helping on Saturday night. This is a heads-up, everyone may have to wait a bit longer.. It is what it is. And my problems bleed over to many other committees, just ask Paul R., who co-ordinates them all.

Thank you for your thoughts. Will continue to do our best to serve low-cost, available beer on-site. BTW we are going to 16 oz. cups this year.
    MAD DOG
    2019 BG Chair

]

Hangered... but aimed out flyhi2cfar's Avatar
    The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"

Thumbs up Just like our new members...."times are a change'n"

When you guy's wake up and let the volunteers draw "themselves a free beer" at end of their shift this "need help" madness will stop!

"travel"n John

And gooooood morning Mad Dog and Paul F. Well now... I see there's tasty incentive involved!

Volunteers will literally fall out of the rafters, for an already enjoyable task.

And I'll lead off with... "put me in somewhere". I'll take a shift with Louise on Thursday eve, Saturday during the ceremonies, or Saturday 8 - midnight.

You guys choose one.

My initial "free beer" comment days past... was mostly in dry humor; but ALSO to highlight the need for change, in my opinion.

Let's begin to incentivize our National Rally Volunteers with something tangible. After all, this Club is really a business.

If the "early set-up" volunteers get a dinner... why shouldn't our general Thursday-Sunday workforce get maybe $5 or 10 bucks off admission...

or a couple free beer's for example.

"travel'n" John

RK Ryder
    And gooooood morning Mad Dog and Paul F. Well now... I see there's tasty incentive involved!

Volunteers will literally fall out of the rafters, for an already enjoyable task.

And I'll lead off with... "put me in somewhere". I'll take a shift with Louise on Thursday eve, Saturday during the ceremonies, or Saturday 8 - midnight.

You guys choose one.

My initial "free beer" comment days past... was mostly in dry humor; but ALSO to highlight the need for change, in my opinion.

Let's begin to incentivize our National Rally Volunteers with something tangible. After all, this Club is really a business.

If the "early set-up" volunteers get a dinner... why shouldn't our general Thursday-Sunday workforce get maybe $5 or 10 bucks off admission...

or a couple free beer's for example.

"travel'n" John
    Thank you John for volunteering with Louise on Thursday evening and I've added you to the 8:00 - midnight shift on Saturday.

"Three Bowl", you are right about a good number of "Beer Volunteers" appearing at the Rally, but for Mad Dog and me (as well as the other committee chairs), having a good base of volunteers committed to helping ahead of time makes our tasks that much less stressful.

Your help at the Beer Garden for two shifts has helped reduced some of that stress.

Mad Dog and I thank you.
    Paul F. Ruffell
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Niagara Riders & Knights of the Roundel #333

RK Ryder

Got A Problem! Need Help.

So right now, just Louise and "travel'n" John are the only ones serving and selling beer tickets on Thursday evening!

They need backup. Who is willing jump in and help Louise and "travel'n" John keeping those lineups short and fast on Thursday?

Don't be shy; step up and have a good time on Thursday's late shift.
    Paul F. Ruffell

Help

Can help on Thursday night if you need it. I am helping out on a couple of shifts at the Icehouse ( much safer I have never got all iced up and got into trouble) let me know if you need beer garden help mad dog is a stern taskmaster but still willing to help

Quote Originally Posted by 179212 View Post
    Can help on Thursday night if you need it. I am helping out on a couple of shifts at the Icehouse ( much safer I have never got all iced up and got into trouble) let me know if you need beer garden help mad dog is a stern taskmaster but still willing to help
    Aw c'mon. I'm a pussycat! Paul, are you reading this?
    MAD DOG

RK Ryder
    Quote Originally Posted by 179212 View Post
    Hi 179212 !

Louise and flyhi2cfar will very much appreciate your joining the Thursday night team.

Drop me a line with your name at my email address below and you will be very quickly added to Thursday night's crew.
    Paul F. Ruffell

Are y'all asking TheFacebook crowd as well? Or there too many Millennials over there (another thread)
    The Forum doesn't get the foot traffic it has in prior years unfortunately thanks to perhaps TheFB

I volunteer if I can,or make the rally on time, not a hard cider drinker much anymore so serving beer prob isn't my thing.

It's one of those things that work themselves out typically isn't it? A beer token or two to volunteer seems to be a positive thing to do...but that's coming from a coffee abuser. I know,giving away profits isn't viewed well I suppose.

Back to the recruitment efforts
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

I can do Sat night with the pair. Gimme the coach Ball!
    Knick
    R1200GS
    Vespa ET4

RK Ryder
    Quote Originally Posted by hexst View Post
    I can do Sat night with the pair. Gimme the coach Ball!
    Thank you Nick!
    Paul F. Ruffell

Thanks to those who have already stepped up to volunteer! It likely sounds like a broken record to many but once a volunteer most are eager to volunteer again and again. Some prefer the same post and the same shifts year after year and others like to mix it up. The good news is there are lots of ways a rally attendee can help out from setup to clean up. This year I have personally talked with several folks that either have never been to an MOA rally or haven't in several years and they are really excited about volunteering. It is rewarding experience that builds community and friendships that last forever.

If you're like these folks and looking for a place to help out, we'll be glad to have you join us!

It's almost Boogie time ya'll!
    Vance Harrelson
    2019 Rally Chair
    MOA Foundation Director / Ambassador
    R1200GSA "Buck" / G310GS "Tiny"

Thursday night

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_F View Post
    So right now, just Louise and "travel'n" John are the only ones serving and selling beer tickets on Thursday evening!

They need backup. Who is willing jump in and help Louise and "travel'n" John keeping those lineups short and fast on Thursday?

Don't be shy; step up and have a good time on Thursday's late shift.
    Really! I don't bite!.......... much. I've managed to curb that tendency in my old age.

Louise

Beer Selections

Ok everyone, here we go:

Bud, Bud Lite, and Yeungling Lager in one tap truck.

Two local brews for Lager, IPA, Amber, and Stout. {Nashville and Blackstone} with Shocktop Wheat for the 5th tap, in the 2nd truck.
    Party!
    MAD DOG 2019 National BG Chair

Shout out to MADDOG

I just wanted to tell you what a great time I had working the bier garten on Saturday, noon to 4 pm. Thanks for letting me work the taps. I hope everyone enjoyed the beer that I served. MADDOG advised that the client should get good value for their money, and I made a valiant effort for a good pour. The delivery still needed work, though.

Cheers,
    William
    2000 R1200C, 2019 R1250RT