• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Will It Be A Dry Beer Garden This Year?

Paul_F

RK Ryder
:beer In order to keep the suds flowing at the Beer Garden, we need 10 people working each shift. At the present time, during the Rally, we have a few volunteers for Thursday (noon - 4) and Friday, 4 - 8 has been filled. The rest of the volunteer shifts are still empty. :cry

To date, only two clubs have stepped forward to offer their members' assistance. In order to keep the beer flowing we need individuals on both sides of the counter. :bar

Shifts are noon - 4:00 p.m., 4:00 - 8:00 p.m. and 8:00 - midnight; an excellent way to meet new buddies! :buds

Don't miss the opportunity to work with "Mad Dog"! :nono

Email me at rallyvolunteers@bmwmoa.org to add you to the Beer Garden's Crew! :type

:clap :clapThank you very much Steve! :clap :clap

You're welcome. We have done this in the past and we enjoy it. It is both a great "team building" opportunity and a fun way to see other rally attendees. I recommend that other state clubs volunteer at either this or registration.

What is the maximum number of club members I can have help at this shift?

See you in TN :dance

Steve

You're welcome. We have done this in the past and we enjoy it. It is both a great "team building" opportunity and a fun way to see other rally attendees. I recommend that other state clubs volunteer at either this or registration.

What is the maximum number of club members I can have help at this shift?

See you in TN :dance

Steve

Steve, "Mad Dog" needs eight volunteers for the noon to 4:00 pm shift. Thanks again to the Minnesota Club! :dance

For other clubs interested, the 4-8 & 8-12 shifts require 10 volunteers.

At present, we need either a club of 10 or a group of ten individuals for Friday's 8:00 - midnight shift.

Once that happens, Friday will totally be filled in the Beer Garden.

Any clubs out there willing to help out with Friday night?

We are still in need of volunteers for both the Beer Garden and for Ice Sales. :bow

Vacant Beer Garden shifts are: Thursday 4:00 -8:00 p.m. & 8:00 - midnight Friday 8:00 pm. - midnight & Saturday noon - 4:00, 4:00 - 8:00 p.m. & 8:00 -midnight

And as difficult as it might be to believe, the coolest volunteer position, always located in either the shade or in an air conditioned building, is Ice Sales. We need a couple of folks from noon on to complete Thursdays' roster and six pairs of folks for the Friday and Saturday shifts. Don't let our Ice go unsold. Coolers' will overheat for lack of ice! :gerg

Keep Mad Dog happy :ha

and use my email address below to contact me. :deal

Biergarten volunteers

MAD DOG here!

And a somewhat little known secret is....if you volunteer for the Saturday 4-8 shift, you get to miss the "Awards" program. YET...we send someone to the event with everyone's names, so that you ARE present to win. This actually has happened! So relax in relative comfort. {Last year we had A/C! at the BG}

MAD DOG
2019 Lebanon MOA Rally Beer Garden Chair:drink

sign me up

We are still in need of volunteers for both the Beer Garden and for Ice Sales. :bow

Vacant Beer Garden shifts are: Thursday 4:00 -8:00 p.m. & 8:00 - midnight Friday 8:00 pm. - midnight & Saturday noon - 4:00, 4:00 - 8:00 p.m. & 8:00 -midnight

And as difficult as it might be to believe, the coolest volunteer position, always located in either the shade or in an air conditioned building, is Ice Sales. We need a couple of folks from noon on to complete Thursdays' roster and six pairs of folks for the Friday and Saturday shifts. Don't let our Ice go unsold. Coolers' will overheat for lack of ice! :gerg

Keep Mad Dog happy :ha

and use my email address below to contact me. :deal

Hi,

I will be attending this year after a few years hiatus from rallies (no leave time!). My club helped out in Hamburg. You can sign me up for the 8:00 to midnight timeslot on Thursday. Looking forward to seeing fellow riders!

Cheers,

Louise

Louise is our only Beer Garden Volunteer for Thursday, 8:00 - midnight. Don't let Louise work alone!!! :nono

Who is going to step up and work with Louise? :scratch

Here's an idea...

When you guy's wake up and let the volunteers draw "themselves a free beer" at end of their shift this "need help" madness will stop!

"travel"n John

free suds?

When you guy's wake up and let the volunteers draw "themselves a free beer" at end of their shift this "need help" madness will stop!

"travel"n John

Tell you what, John, you can have mine because I don't drink alcohol. Or very little, that is.

keep the rubber side down,

Louise

Biergarten volunteers

good morning.

MAD Dog here. Have pondered for several days, how to reply to the last post. Here I go.

While I agree that my practice of free beer at shift end has been somewhat hit or miss, also recognize that I am not there 24/7, as I do wander a bit. {Like to AIRHEAD CENTRAL}. Unfortunately, I think that my time off will be very limited this year, due to a number of factors. Having said that, there have been many shifts that have received free beer. I will endeavor to be better. However, also recognize that NO ONE wants to work the last shift of the last day of ANYTHING ANYWHERE. I've done enough volunteer work to make this comment stick.

We have always had next to no one helping on Saturday night. This is a heads-up, everyone may have to wait a bit longer.. It is what it is. And my problems bleed over to many other committees, just ask Paul R., who co-ordinates them all.

Thank you for your thoughts. Will continue to do our best to serve low-cost, available beer on-site. BTW we are going to 16 oz. cups this year.
MAD DOG
2019 BG Chair:drink

]

Just like our new members...."times are a change'n"

"travel"n John

And gooooood morning Mad Dog and Paul F. Well now... I see there's tasty incentive involved!

Volunteers will literally fall out of the rafters, for an already enjoyable task.

And I'll lead off with... "put me in somewhere". I'll take a shift with Louise on Thursday eve, Saturday during the ceremonies, or Saturday 8 - midnight.

You guys choose one.

My initial "free beer" comment days past... was mostly in dry humor; but ALSO to highlight the need for change, in my opinion.

Let's begin to incentivize our National Rally Volunteers with something tangible. After all, this Club is really a business.

If the "early set-up" volunteers get a dinner... why shouldn't our general Thursday-Sunday workforce get maybe $5 or 10 bucks off admission...

or a couple free beer's for example.

"travel'n" John

And gooooood morning Mad Dog and Paul F. Well now... I see there's tasty incentive involved!

Volunteers will literally fall out of the rafters, for an already enjoyable task.

And I'll lead off with... "put me in somewhere". I'll take a shift with Louise on Thursday eve, Saturday during the ceremonies, or Saturday 8 - midnight.

You guys choose one.

My initial "free beer" comment days past... was mostly in dry humor; but ALSO to highlight the need for change, in my opinion.

Let's begin to incentivize our National Rally Volunteers with something tangible. After all, this Club is really a business.

If the "early set-up" volunteers get a dinner... why shouldn't our general Thursday-Sunday workforce get maybe $5 or 10 bucks off admission...

or a couple free beer's for example.

"travel'n" John

Thank you John for volunteering with Louise on Thursday evening :thumb and I've added you to the 8:00 - midnight shift on Saturday. :dance

"Three Bowl", you are right about a good number of "Beer Volunteers" appearing at the Rally, but for Mad Dog and me (as well as the other committee chairs), having a good base of volunteers committed to helping ahead of time makes our tasks that much less stressful. :banghead

Your help at the Beer Garden for two shifts has helped reduced some of that stress. :thumb

Mad Dog and I thank you. :bow

Got A Problem! Need Help.

So right now, just Louise and "travel'n" John are the only ones serving and selling beer tickets on Thursday evening! :banghead

They need backup. Who is willing jump in and help Louise and "travel'n" John keeping those lineups short and fast on Thursday?

:wave Don't be shy; step up and have a good time on Thursday's late shift. :wave

Back