• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW Motorcycles of Iowa City Moved

Thanks for the photos Lee. I guess that place is what one might call a "Mega-Dealer."

That final photo with the aircraft reminded me of a plane in which I flew when I was in the Navy in 1969. The Navy called it an "SNB," which the wags called a "Super Navy Bomber." I think it's a variation on the Beechcraft Model 18 (See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beechcraft_Model_18)

Nice that you had some good weather for the trip. I think we've had about two straight weeks of rain in Boston. To show how desperate I am for interaction with my RT, I'm going to sit down in the garage and polish my exhaust pipes this afternoon...

Thanks, I was thinking Lockheed Electra.
The weather has not been good here and with the nice day yesterday the roads were thick with bikes.
Looks like rain the next 5 days.
Here's another angle on the Beechcraft.
May Open House (10).jpg

Last edited:
Spoke with Steve Hertler, today.

I am disappointed. Gina's was a great shop. This one looks not so much. Another great dealer down the tubes, perchance.

I purchased my bike in January of 2017; after Gina sold out. The sales and service have been excellent. I stopped by, today, and noticed the signs on the building about the move. My concerns were about how many employees moved to the new location. I went down the street to the new location to find out the status. Steve Hertler was gone for lunch, so I called him when I returned home. Steve said that Joey (Parts), Mitch (service) and Brent (mechanic) have moved on. I'm not sure about Woody; however, Jared is still there!! Jared has been there for over 20 years and he's an excellent mechanic and rider.

I was not happy to find out about the employees that are gone. I hope the owners took care of them and did not burn any bridges.

As long as I can continue to get great service (maintenance and sales), I will continue to be their customer.

I purchased my bike in January of 2017; after Gina sold out. The sales and service have been excellent. I stopped by, today, and noticed the signs on the building about the move. My concerns were about how many employees moved to the new location. I went down the street to the new location to find out the status. Steve Hertler was gone for lunch, so I called him when I returned home. Steve said that Joey (Parts), Mitch (service) and Brent (mechanic) have moved on. I'm not sure about Woody; however, Jared is still there!! Jared has been there for over 20 years and he's an excellent mechanic and rider.

I was not happy to find out about the employees that are gone. I hope the owners took care of them and did not burn any bridges.

As long as I can continue to get great service (maintenance and sales), I will continue to be their customer.
Nice report, thanks.
Welcome to the forum!
Gary

Back