• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

A question about Klim K Fifty jeans

motor10

I have been looking at the Klim K Fifty 1 and the Klim K Fifty 2 jeans. My pants size is 38" waist and 30" length. These pants come in tall and regular for the inseam and it is my understanding that the regular length is equivalent to a 34" inseam. With the above information given, I have a few questions.

1 - If I were to get a pair of these pants is there enough adjustment for the knee protection to have them land in the right spot for my height?

2 - Obviously I will have to have them altered. Does anyone know how easy this would be?

3 - For the amount of money these pants cost, why doesn't Klim make them in a few more lengths so one doesn't have to spend more money to get the pants to come close to fitting in length?

Any info would be appreciated.

Jay

Before asking this question, my local BMW dealer had ordered me a pair of Klim K Fifty 1 pants in 38 regular. When they came in, I stopped in and checked them out but was short on time. I did not try them on, but I held them up and they were ridiculously long and the knee pads would be hitting me in the middle of my shins. I decided against them and just paid for the items that came in with the same order.

I have a pair of FirstGear Kilimanjaro Pants but would like something that I can wear while ridding and then go into a restaurant or shopping and not look like I am wearing motorcycle pants.

I really like the cut, look and feel of the material of the Klim K Fifty 1s, I just wish they fit. The Klim K Fifty 2 pants are a skinner cut so they are out. Maybe I will go back and try them on and sit on a bike and see where they come to and then see about getting them shortened at a tailor.

Thanks for the responses.

I have the Klim K Fifty 2 jeans in 40 Regular. I typically wear a 38x32 in a Levis 550/541 jean and the Klims in size 40 fit me perfectly. They are about an inch longer than what I would want in a street jean, but for the bike they are perfect because the extra length allows the jean to ride up just a bit when in a sitting position. I would call the Klims a 38x33 in street jean vernacular. I originally ordered the 38 Regular but the waist was too small.

These have about two inches of hem adjustability before you get into the liner. Out of the box they are hemmed like jeans and would respond well if you needed to shorten them a couple of inches.

The knee armor is adjustable; the armor has velcro strips that allow you to relocate it in a variety of positions to suit your needs. I can't say whether it would have the adjustability that you need, but this system offers more options than the typical velcro on the pockets where you adjust the length of the pocket itself. That makes it a bit of a bother to remove for laundering, but no real complaints there.

Although the K Fifty 2 jeans are a bit slimmer than the K Fifty 1's, they are by no means a "slim" cut. At least not in this 40 Regular size. I find they are at least as loose as a Levi 550.

I am quite pleased with mine.

Before asking this question, my local BMW dealer had ordered me a pair of Klim K Fifty 1 pants in 38 regular. When they came in, I stopped in and checked them out but was short on time. I did not try them on, but I held them up and they were ridiculously long and the knee pads would be hitting me in the middle of my shins. I decided against them and just paid for the items that came in with the same order.

Sorry this is late, but the box from RevZilla with my K Fifty 1s just arrived this afternoon. If your dealer still has them it might be worth trying them on. The pants have a tall rise and like you when I first held them up the knee pads seemed too low. But when I put them on and tightened the belt, they were much closer. I typically wear a 40 x 30 and theese fit fine once I moved the knee pads up about 2 or 2.5". They are a few inches long, but my usual riding boots should keep them from dragging too bad.

I'd say the knee pads have about +/- 3" of adjustability. They are in the standard Klim pocket if you're familiar with other Klim designs. You might find them better fitting than you expect.

I too am a 38 x 30 and order a pair of the Klim Fifty1 jeans last summer in a size 36 because I heard they ran large. Tried them on and they were way too large. Was going to order them in a 34 but I was heading out on a trip for two weeks and didn’t have time to get them shipped in. If you get a pair I will be interested to see what size fits.

Under the advisement of grumpysquatch, I went to my dealer and they did still have them in the store. so I tried them on. I am a 38 waist in Carhart jeans so ordered the 38 waist and they fit fine. The length is too long. The back of the pant legs are dragging as I walk. Additionally, the legs are extremely baggy. I am going to talk to them about getting the K Fifty 2 jeans and see how they fit. I will have to have them hemmed as much as possible. I still think Klim should offer lengths for the price point their pants are at.

Jay

Or, find a brand that fits you better. Mine are Iron Workers brand with Kevlar lining and knee pads. See for example:

https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/iron...MIp_S_rYr74QIVOx-tBh0QPQ3TEAQYBCABEgIqzPD_BwE

There are other models too. For example"

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle...MIp_S_rYr74QIVOx-tBh0QPQ3TEAQYASABEgIiwPD_BwE

PGlaves,
I have looked at other pairs. Nevertheless, I have not found another pair that really look like and feel like regular blue jeans that I would wear. The Iron Workers Brand are not my style.

Jay

PGlaves,
I have looked at other pairs. Nevertheless, I have not found another pair that really look like and feel like regular blue jeans that I would wear. The Iron Workers Brand are not my style.

Jay

OK by me. I was just suggesting a possible alternative or two since you stated you were unhappy with KLIM. But it's your extra $220 to spend as you wish.

OK by me. I was just suggesting a possible alternative or two since you stated you were unhappy with KLIM. But it's your extra $220 to spend as you wish.

Today’s email from cycle gear iron workers riding jeans $79.99

Just got the Kfifty-2 Size seems to be right on compared to my regular jeans. Armour is well placed (The tailbone piece is a pleasant surprise. They appear to be VERY well made and comfortable. I was prepared for absurd length (I'm 5'9" on a good day) and they are fine. They fit over my Daytona boots and are more comfortable than any regular jean I own- maybe its the open mesh lining but amazing. My only gripe is "made in china" but that's just on general principle.

No offence to more budget minded members, but these are a quality purpose built piece of equipment The armour alone would cost 30-50$...sorry but I can't imagine a cheaper pair of jeans (Kevlar or not) matching these in every aspect.
CE certified (level 2)
D-30
Polyamid
Kevlar
The closer I look the more I think a bargain (or at least "reasonable") at the price.

I have a pair of Fifty 1 jeans. I found them pretty baggy and then I lost quite a bit of weight. I like the quality of these jeans so I bought Fifty 2 jeans. I wear 34x29 Levi's so I ordered 34 reg Klim. They were too big so I exchanged for 32 reg. Fits just right in the waste and while the length is a bit long they really don't need to be altered. They are not nearly as baggy as the Fifty 1's. My older pair had to be hemmed so I tried it myself. My machine couldn't handle the heavy material and I really didn't know what I was doing. I took them to the girls at the patch sewing booth at Des Moines last year and they hand stitched them for 10 bucks.

The K Fifty 2s came in the mail

Last week i ordered the Klim K Fifty 2 Jeans from Revzilla.they came in Saturday. As soon as I put them on I noticed a big difference from the K Fifty 1s. I put them on with my SIDI riding boots and I am not even going to bother with having them hemmed. They fit great. thanks to those who suggested the K Fifty 2s.

So with that said, onto my next question. Is there a secret to getting the knee protection adjusted properly?

Jay

Back