Thread: YSS Shocks - 2005 R12GS

YSS Shocks - 2005 R12GS

I have a 58k mile 2005 R12GS with a badly needed suspension upgrade / replacement. When I bought the bike, it had the low suspension shocks on it yet, standard suspension side and center stands (good thing!). I am going back to the standard ride height. Since the bike is only worth in the $4k to $5k range, I hate to spend a bunch of $$ on new shocks. I have spoken with Ted Porter and for a budget conscious buyer like me, he recommended the YSS shocks. So here's the question....anyone have YSS shocks and what do you think? Any other thoughts on this? Thanks for your time and input!

I have an 07 R12GS. I'm in the same budget mode as you, the bike isn't worth spending a lot on shocks. I went up one grade with the TFX shocks, just the rear. I'm planning on keeping mine another 10 years so I decided it was worth the money. Ted is the best in the business, if he says the YSS will work and it is what you can afford, go for it.

I contacted Ted Porter in July of last year, to inquire about a replacement shock for a '95 K1100RS that a friend gave me.
    I usually go top shelf on tires and suspension and asked about the available Wilbers, Ohlins etc.
    After explaining my plans for using the bike and that I wasn't sure to keep it, he asked a few questions, then recommended the YSS.
    7000+ miles later I am happy with it.

K1100RS.jpg
    This photo is from last Saturday, about 700 miles into a 1500 mile trip to NorCal. Photo credit; SgtColt
    Bill
    Last edited by tanker4me; 04-25-2019 at 03:55 AM.
    We are all here for a spell, get all the good laughs you can.
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by tanker4me View Post
    I contacted Ted Porter in July of last year, to inquire about a replacement shock for a '95 K1100RS that a friend gave me.
    I usually go top shelf on tires and suspension and asked about the available Wilbers, Ohlins etc.
    After explaining my plans for using the bike and that I wasn't sure to keep it, he asked a few questions, then recommended the YSS.
    7000+ miles later I am happy with it.

K1100RS.jpg
    This photo is from last Saturday, about 700 miles into a 1500 mile trip to NorCal. Photo credit; SgtColt
    Bill
    Thanks Bill for the good word on the YSS shocks. I am going to order a set tomorrow. Take care and thanks for all the input.