• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rally site map

OFOAM1

OFOAM
Is there a real rally site map up yet? I'm not talking about the Google view. I mean the one that actually shows the layout for the rally. I would have thought it would have been posted by now. I can't seem to find anything.

I was thinking more like a map that shows where to park, where the rider training is, camping, entrances and exits. That and I'm still surprise that a little over a month out and still no vendor or seminar list. Is this normal? My first rally so I'm just itching for more info.

Site map

I was thinking more like a map that shows where to park, where the rider training is, camping, entrances and exits. That and I'm still surprise that a little over a month out and still no vendor or seminar list. Is this normal? My first rally so I'm just itching for more info.

Not to worry. You have some options.
Plan to get there early and volunteer for setting up. You'll get to cruise the site and look for good camp sites. You'll also get to register early and get your program with a map enclosed and including all the information that you need.
Another advantage of getting there early is that you get to see how the whole thing comes together by being part of the set-up crew. One of the best chances to meet new people who will end up being friends for life! You'll end up gaining a helpful knowledge of where everything is and be able to answer questions from other newbies. It doesn't get much better than that!

On the site map I see just one shower trailer. Are there showers in some of the buildings as well, or is that trailer the only option?

Pete

On the site map I see just one shower trailer. Are there showers in some of the buildings as well, or is that trailer the only option?

Pete

Here's a post from Vance Harrelson in another thread.

There are multiple onsite restrooms with showers spread around the rally site. In addition as mentioned above there will be a 10 stall portable shower unit onsite as well. The combination of these facilities should all the opportunity to stay refreshed!

Vance Harrelson
2019 Rally Chair
MOA Foundation Director / Ambassador
R1200GSA "Buck" / G310GS "Tiny"

All of that information is now under the Rally tab on the MOA website. Specifically, the All About The Rally tab.

Daryl

LOL :dance

No - it's a box of riding gear that, though in great shape, I don't use anymore. Donating it to Camp Gears.

I didn't realize they were taking donations! I can given them my trusty, now retired, Tourmaster Transition 2! That's awesome. I've been wanting to give that jacket to some worthy soul in need rather than just throw it out.

I didn't realize they were taking donations! I can given them my trusty, now retired, Tourmaster Transition 2! That's awesome. I've been wanting to give that jacket to some worthy soul in need rather than just throw it out.

After years of encountering shrinking apparel, I realized I'd been blaming the wrong appliance.

Turns out it wasn't the dryer after all ...…. it was the refrigerator.

Anyways, who more deserving than a group of youngsters interested in motorcycling?

I ran it past Paul G. a while back, and he was receptive.

I figure no matter how much they receive, Camp GEARS facilitators can distribute what fits, bank some for future use, and donate the rest to the local Goodwill. :thumb

Back