• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Another Camhead Windscreen option...

rockfordhayes

In a quest for a better windscreen for my 2013 Camhead, I stumbled upon a solution I’d never heard of – here’s the story:

Initially, I was searching for a Cee Bailey’s screen in the used market, but had no success. So, I began looking at options from AeroFlow, V-Stream, Cal Sci, and Werks Quiet Ride.

I decided to exclude the AeroFlow, because I was concerned about clearance with the OEM Navigation on my bike. I ruled out Cal Sci because I just didn’t like the way it looked – a totally subjective matter. That reduced me to V-Stream & Werks. I discovered Werks only makes a screen for 2014 and newer RTs. I had a V-Stream on a previous bike (Honda ST1300) and I liked how it looked. But it did not perform well with buffeting on my helmet unless it was raised all the way up – forcing me to ride while looking through the screen, which I dislike.

So, against all odds, I reached out to Werks to see if there may be an option for a custom order. The owner was extremely kind to me and quite generous with his time, but he was not able to make a custom shield. However, he did know of another company that he thought could provide a great solution. That company is 7 Jurock, of California. I was told the owner of 7 Jurock worked for Cee Bailey many years ago, and was a master with windscreen design and style.

I am 6’4” with a 36-inch inseam. Based on this, Werks recommended I buy the 26-inch version. 7 Jurock also makes a 22.5” and 24” version for the 10-13 RT. All sizes are available in clear or light grey. I ordered mine in light grey – total cost was $239, with free shipping. They make your shield after you order it – but they are quick. I ordered mine on a Wednesday, and received it 8 business days later.

I am completely pleased with how this screen looks and how it performs. Raising it only about 30% of travel reduces helmet buffeting to virtually zero – leaving me a ton of room to still see over top of it. There’s also no perceivable back pressure, until the screen is completely raised – and then it’s just a breath across the back of my neck. The minor flip on this screen not only performs quite well, I think it looks cool too. I’ve included a photo of the screen on my bike...

A quick search of the MOA Forum does show a handful of threads where 7 Jurock is mentioned, but I didn’t see any posts specific to the Camhead RT, so thought this might be of some interest here. FYI, I am not affiliated in any way with 7 Jurock. I’m just happy to share my discovery with fellow MOA Camhead Owners. Anyway, they make screens for a host of other bikes too - website is: https://www.7jurock.com/

Jurock Screen.jpg

Last edited:
pretty sharp looking windscreen...AND, they are a stone's throw from my shop in Santa Fe Springs...damn sight less expensive than OEM...!!!

will stop by the next time i visit my shop and order a windscreen in 24" since i am sensibly sized at only 6'-1"...LOL

thanks for the investigative work...:)

wyman

Thanks for the info.
I also called up Werks looking for a replacement windscreen for my 2011 Camhead.

I will reach out and mention this post. I am 5’10”, so I guess I will look to the smaller version.

I can’t wait to stop some of the buffeting.

Your investigative work is appreciated.

—Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all your hard work finding another wind screen, it does look very nice, I have an 09 1200rt and have to have the screen up all the way to keep the wind away but then the other day I ran into some light rain and some one else suggested you should be looking over the screen and not through, I normally look through until I hit the rain and pulled the screen down some so I only had my visor to clear, have not really ridden in rain much and this did not stop. I've played with my screen and the only place it keeps the wind off the best is all the way up, have to look into it more, you have almost as many wood working machines as I do and you may have more not seen, I build guitars, acoustics and electrics for my self as I can't afford their normal price, build amps too, thought about trying drums but that's a bit more work. Thanks for your post.

Awesome, thanks for posting this!!! I predict he will be selling many more of these at that price.

Received it ... and it's great

So, I finally received my 7Jurock 24" windscreen (clear) for my 2011 R1200RT.

I love the shape, and the performance is pretty good.
In it's lowest mount, I look over the screen with about 4-6" of space above. When I get going over 50mph, I put the screen up about 1-2", which stops the wind noise (and I have the radio kit.. I can hear pretty well). At highway speeds, above 75mph, I put it up higher in a more vertical position, and it stops most wind noise there. This is the point where the OEM sheild may a hell of a racket in my Schuberth helmet.

I do like it, and the price point was good ($218.00 or so).

But I just revisited some discussions of Polycarbonate vs. Acrylic. This is acrylic, and it's not shatterproof like Polycarbonate.
I personally do not envision getting my jugular sliced by a piece of 7Jurock windscreen should a 2" rock bounce along the highway at me, but I was wondering what others think. (not another oil-style thread).

Thanks for this thread and for helping me get a new windscreen, even if it could decapitate me. :lol

Cheers,
--ChrisD

7Jurock windshield Height ?

Hello,

I'm in the process to replace my actual Windshield for my 2013 RT and I'm looking for the 7Jurock one.

I still don't know if I should go with the 24" or 26".

the one I actually have is 24" but wihout the upper curve on it.

I'd like to compare your 26" with my 24".

Can you verify a measurment for me ?

20210220_170321178_iOS.jpg
The height of the windshield from the ignition key hole to the top of the shield.

Thanks !

In a quest for a better windscreen for my 2013 Camhead, I stumbled upon a solution I’d never heard of – here’s the story:

Initially, I was searching for a Cee Bailey’s screen in the used market, but had no success. So, I began looking at options from AeroFlow, V-Stream, Cal Sci, and Werks Quiet Ride.

I decided to exclude the AeroFlow, because I was concerned about clearance with the OEM Navigation on my bike. I ruled out Cal Sci because I just didn’t like the way it looked – a totally subjective matter. That reduced me to V-Stream & Werks. I discovered Werks only makes a screen for 2014 and newer RTs. I had a V-Stream on a previous bike (Honda ST1300) and I liked how it looked. But it did not perform well with buffeting on my helmet unless it was raised all the way up – forcing me to ride while looking through the screen, which I dislike.

So, against all odds, I reached out to Werks to see if there may be an option for a custom order. The owner was extremely kind to me and quite generous with his time, but he was not able to make a custom shield. However, he did know of another company that he thought could provide a great solution. That company is 7 Jurock, of California. I was told the owner of 7 Jurock worked for Cee Bailey many years ago, and was a master with windscreen design and style.

I am 6’4” with a 36-inch inseam. Based on this, Werks recommended I buy the 26-inch version. 7 Jurock also makes a 22.5” and 24” version for the 10-13 RT. All sizes are available in clear or light grey. I ordered mine in light grey – total cost was $239, with free shipping. They make your shield after you order it – but they are quick. I ordered mine on a Wednesday, and received it 8 business days later.

I am completely pleased with how this screen looks and how it performs. Raising it only about 30% of travel reduces helmet buffeting to virtually zero – leaving me a ton of room to still see over top of it. There’s also no perceivable back pressure, until the screen is completely raised – and then it’s just a breath across the back of my neck. The minor flip on this screen not only performs quite well, I think it looks cool too. I’ve included a photo of the screen on my bike...

A quick search of the MOA Forum does show a handful of threads where 7 Jurock is mentioned, but I didn’t see any posts specific to the Camhead RT, so thought this might be of some interest here. FYI, I am not affiliated in any way with 7 Jurock. I’m just happy to share my discovery with fellow MOA Camhead Owners. Anyway, they make screens for a host of other bikes too - website is: https://www.7jurock.com/

View attachment 73682

I ordered and installed one.

Thanks for this post.

I had a V-Stream windshield and a stock BMW windshield. Sometimes in the summer I switch back to the BMW shield to get more air but the buffeting is terrible. The V-Stream is so quite. I had been thinking of cutting the stock windshield down but never did. I saw this post and checked out 7 Jurock. For the price, $185, I ordered the shortest shield, 22.5. I am approx 6' tall. This short windshield does let me get a lot more air but there is very little or no buffeting. Just what I wanted. Price was great. I did get the tinted shield.

Back