• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I cannot log in to MOA as it is endlessly "Creating My Community"

Roberto1

I tried to renew my membership online today. But no, I must upload a profile photo or opt out. I skipped that step. Then I am asked to post a message. I skipped that step. Then my screen was filled with the picture of 2 arrows chasing each other in a circle, with the message above "Your Community is Being Created", or something like that. This continued for 20 minutes, at which time I gave up. My computer is working fine, so I guess it is a glitch of some sort. I left a message for the guy that is in charge of the site. It is one thing to be forced to run a gauntlet of social network offerings, but to be punished and denied access to the site apparently for opting out, beyond irritating. I guess no one else is having this problem, or the moderator is censoring web site complaints. Anyway, I thought I should let other know. Good luck!

I tried to renew my membership online today. But no, I must upload a profile photo or opt out. I skipped that step. Then I am asked to post a message. I skipped that step. Then my screen was filled with the picture of 2 arrows chasing each other in a circle, with the message above "Your Community is Being Created", or something like that. This continued for 20 minutes, at which time I gave up. My computer is working fine, so I guess it is a glitch of some sort. I left a message for the guy that is in charge of the site. It is one thing to be forced to run a gauntlet of social network offerings, but to be punished and denied access to the site apparently for opting out, beyond irritating. I guess no one else is having this problem, or the moderator is censoring web site complaints. Anyway, I thought I should let other know. Good luck!

Seems a bit harsh.
BMWMOA.ORG you can get there from one of the “buttons” at the top of this page.
Click menu.
Click renew membership.
Sign in with your forum credentials in the appropriate box.
Follow the prompts.

Try not to skip any steps.

If you still have a problem, there is a “Help” button above as well.
OM

Last edited:
Thanks Omega Man

It turns out that the only way I can log in to the main MOA site is through the forum. Yes my gripe was a bit harsh, but after being a member for 3 decades, not getting any help or response from the staff was incomprehensible. I called and emailed, and patiently waited for 2 weeks, before my rant. To date, no response and no fix. I've been an Airheads member for 3 decades as well, and in contrast the unpaid volunteer staff is amazingly responsive.

Along with us on the Moderator Team, we have some members that are pretty good at helping out.
Any questions, just ask and we will help you out.
Glad you are pretty much all set.
Enjoy the forum.
Gary

Unless I am mistaken, you can’t use any of the community functions or subscribe to the MOA’s eNewsletter until you run the Membership Management System’s gauntlet (MMS).

The MMS is a hosted app that we pay for, it was what was trying to “create your community.”

:rolleyes

I tried to renew my membership online today. But no, I must upload a profile photo or opt out. I skipped that step. Then I am asked to post a message. I skipped that step.

I skipped the Post a Message step and it worked for me.
Contact Ted Moyer or Ray Tubbs and they can set you up.
tedm@bmwmoa.org
ray@bmwmoa.org

I've never checked out what My Community is. Posts are mentioned in Ted's emails so I'm guessing it's another social media page like the forum or facebook.

Back