• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Best Air Pressure Gauges???

DRRAOULDUKE

My trusty old analog BMW air pressure gauge just bit the dusty. Curious to hear some recommendations on a replacement, either analog or digital. Looking for one that will handle a variety of tire stem sizes.

Thanks in advance for all replies.

I've had a CyclePump gage for 7-8 years. Last year I sent it back to BestRest to be recalibrated. It cost me $10 most of which was used for return shipment. I have the 90 degree connection on mine which allows for easier connection on the GSA/GS spoked wheels. A great tool.

One of the top rated gages by Consumer Report is the Accutire MS-4021B Digital Gage. It costs under $12. I have not been able to get it to work on several motorcycles, but is good for use on autos and trailers.

:thumb

Eight or ten years of owning three, with one returned for re calibration for nominal fee. I keep one in each bike and one in the garage. Bought one for one of my son's who kept raving about mine.

A friend I was riding with was rapidly losing air and the only air pump in the village had a connector that would not fit on his R1200's valve stem. :banghead

We hooked that connector to my E-Z Air Gauge and filled his tire to get to a bike shop for a replacement tire. :dance

https://www.ghmeiser.com/

Pro level stuff. BITD I was a buyer for one of the big motorcycle industry distributors and these Accu-Gage was one of mi "lines"These were very popular, accurate and offered lots of choices. Not cheap, but very well made.

I want to say I have a high pressure and low pressure version that are 30+ years old and when checked/confirmed with digital are still very accurate.

Pro level stuff. BITD I was a buyer for one of the big motorcycle industry distributors and these Accu-Gage was one of mi "lines"These were very popular, accurate and offered lots of choices. Not cheap, but very well made.

I want to say I have a high pressure and low pressure version that are 30+ years old and when checked/confirmed with digital are still very accurate.

I've been using these for years and concur that they are excellent devices.

I've had mine for 30+ years also. It works great!

A recent test in a consumer magazine said a decent $5 pencil gauge was just as accurate as most dial or digital gauges. Also much less subject to damage and easier to carry on the bike.

A recent test in a consumer magazine said a decent $5 pencil gauge was just as accurate as most dial or digital gauges. Also much less subject to damage and easier to carry on the bike.

I don't disagree when new. But did they test any 20 year old pencil gauges?

But when you need to add air at the truckstop with the ginormous truck chuck which won't get close to where it needs to be on a motorcycle wheel, the ability to add air at the guage a foot away from the wheel saves the day. That used to drive Voni crazy. When traveling by herself the EZ Air gauge made it so she could add air instead of "changing" the air in her tires.

Air Pressure Gauge/ Fill Hose

It does not matter how good your Air Pressure Gauge is if you don’t use it and if you use it regularly that little bit of air you lose each time means you will have to add air at times. So Paul is right having the Gauge and hose you can connect to tire and fill through priceless.
If not priceless it does make things easier.

Kurt (20774), the Grand Master of this MOA Site Search feature, found this for me.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Measureme...Gauge/15111485

While very glad to find this and I did buy one a good while ago, (but haven’t used a lot yet), this has the potential to be my/your “Best” gauge.

You’ll also get an education in why Walmart is No Amazon.
I still like the talking feature.

Charlie

Kurt (20774), the Grand Master of this MOA Site Search feature, found this for me.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Measureme...Gauge/15111485

While very glad to find this and I did buy one a good while ago, (but haven’t used a lot yet), this has the potential to be my/your “Best” gauge.

You’ll also get an education in why Walmart is No Amazon.
I still like the talking feature.

Charlie

This gauge will be very difficult or impossible to use on many motorcycle wheels. It is too big and has the wrong angle.

I’ve found the BMW branded digital gauge to be quite accurate
+plus it has a angled head, on amazon for like $20
Only works if you use it, so check tires weekly

The straight chuck was very difficult to use on our R1200GSA and R1200GS with spokes. I bought a right angle chuck and replaced the straight and it works much better. I used the straight chuck for several years and on many bikes without problems before the R1200 spoke wheels.

Back