• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Best Air Pressure Gauges???

Thanks to all who responded

My trusty old analog BMW air pressure gauge just bit the dusty. Curious to hear some recommendations on a replacement, either analog or digital. Looking for one that will handle a variety of tire stem sizes.

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Order placed with right hand chuck. I have a GS, who could I have missed the spoked wheel issue? DOH. Wishing a great Easter/Passover weekend to all and thank you for sharing your knowledge!

But when you need to add air at the truckstop with the ginormous truck chuck which won't get close to where it needs to be on a motorcycle wheel, the ability to add air at the guage a foot away from the wheel saves the day. That used to drive Voni crazy. When traveling by herself the EZ Air gauge made it so she could add air instead of "changing" the air in her tires.

Good point - I just ordered one.

Harry

The best gauge is the one that reads the same as what I put in there last:dance

The benefit of being able to hook your pump up in stream is a big plus over gauge only.

Have had the straight chuck BestRest for a long time...and a screw on 90 degree adapter. Works, but the adapter can be fussy at times on certain bikes as well...or you drop it in the mud:banghead
Pulled the trigger on a second one with the 90 as a pre rally gift to me for checking my riding buddies tires (We aren't repeating last year Chuck!) :stick

SWAG-Gauges

I purchased a gauge recommended from this thread. It was purported to be dead accurate.

I checked it against the multitude of other gauges I had and surprise, not one was close to +/- 2 PSI.

When I checked tire pressure against my +/- 0.25 PSI (calibrated) nitrogen gauge, $$$.$$, the cheap, crappy gauges were just as accurate as the expensive one recommended on this thread.

The difference between 36 PSI to 40 PSI is +/- 2 PSI.

I'm setting my tires from now on when I don't have access to calibrated gauges to -2 PSI gauge reading. That gives me 2 PSI too low or dead on.

Better a bit lower than too high in my opinion.

I bought some $20 one from Amazon someone recommended in another thread recently. I let myself fall into the "gotta have the best of the best of the best..." trap.

No kidding, it literally fell apart in my hands the first time I tried to use it (leaving my front tire 10 psi low in the process of course). The $9 cheapo digital one I bought at Autozone still works like a charm. We all get too wrapped around the axle in the name of "precision." If you're within 5% - 6% of the spec, you're good to go. Just ride.

Back