• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New member from Alberta

tucoriley

Good day from a new Canuck member;

I recently joined MOA and after reading tons of material on the MOA Forums I would like to introduce myself. I have resided in Red Deer, Alberta since 1993 having spent 17 years in Kelowna, B.C.
I am turning 69 this summer and started riding motorcycles in 1964. After getting married, having children and a demanding job, I took a hiatus from riding for a few years. Back in the saddle in 1982 with an 850 Suzuki and followed that up in 1988 with a 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale (which I still have). Late last fall I bought my first BMW (2013, K1600 GTL), putting 1000 km on before winter struck. What a great bike. Every fall I, do a 2 week ride (guys trip) in Western Canada / USA, except last year where we circumnavigated Lake Superior. I Like the twisty and scenic secondary highways the best, only resorting to major roads to make time. My wife loves to be on the back of my bike and will always go when given the chance, although she does miss the better wind protection offered by the old Venture.
My wife and I have signed up for the Coeur d'Alene MOA get together and look forward to what that will bring. We have ridden that neck of the woods a few times years ago. My wife being the social butterfly, we will undoubtably make many new friends and acquaintances in Idaho.

Regards

Neil

Hello Neil,

Annie and I will be at the Coeur d’Alene Getaway as well. We live in Montana and have several Alberta friends from the Lethbridge area. Looking forward to meeting you.

Hello Neil,

Annie and I will be at the Coeur d’Alene Getaway as well. We live in Montana and have several Alberta friends from the Lethbridge area. Looking forward to meeting you.

Hi Kevin;

Hope we run into each other(not on the bikes, lol) at Coeur d'Alene. I grew up in Lethbridge, and have been into Montana tons of times.

Regards

Neil

Welcome to the forum, Neil.

Thanks for the welcome Royce. I have never been to your state, maybe one day. Have done most of the western states. Always looking for warmth in riding as well as bike roads and scenery.

Regards

Neil

Welcome, Neil.

The Venture Royale owners are a hard core bunch, I hear. :)

Enjoy the season on your new bike.

Hi Neil... welcome from Lethbridge. We have a few BMW riders down here and I know a few riders I used to see frequently (pre-covid) from the Red Deer area. I was not optimistic about the border opening for May so did not consider the Idaho event this year but have attended two past getaway events there which were good fun with great local day rides. A few of us have registered for Sun Peaks in Sept and with a little luck hope to be in Great Falls in June if the border opens.

Answering your Welcome

So glad to see you"re on board. I'm from Lethbridge but do have a couple of sisters in Red Deer. Perhaps sometime next summer we can get together and go on a bit of a ride. Will try to keep in touch. :

Welcome

Welcome to the club Neil. You’re amongst friends. Kevin and Annie Huddy will take very good care of you at the Coeur d’Alene Getaway. If you can make it to the Club’s 50th anniversary rally in Springfield, Missouri I think you will and the Mrs. will have a wonderful time. Hope to see you on the road sir.

Back