• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Werks Shield...wow 2016RTW

rick601

Finally got to take the 2016 R1200RT outr for abour 60 mile ride (30 each way for annual NYS inspection). Everything promised is true! Shield offers better wind protection barely up than stock up all the way. Apparently I even have a radio...who knew? I could never hear it before. The light tint also looks good with the Ebony bike, and since I look over it, tint is no issue as far as darkness.. I didn't get to super-slab speeds, but at 40 to 60 MPH it exceeded my expectations.I called the company before purchase and he (owner I believe) was real helpful and it was a leap of faith to take his word that I didnt need anything as tall as my stock. He was right.That with my new Ilium bar risers makes an already comfy bike even better for this 5'9" rider.

It's an excellent windshield! The recurve at the top of the screen and slightly wider mid-section really reduce the turbulence for me and my passenger.

IMG_0386 (1).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0386.jpg
    IMG_0386.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 229
2016 RT question

I have a 2016 1200 GS . I think that was the first year of the heaver fly wheel . It makes slow speed handling much better .

Ok what year did the R1200RT start using the heaver fly wheel ?
Thanks

Aeroflow vs. Werks

Finally got to take the 2016 R1200RT outr for abour 60 mile ride (30 each way for annual NYS inspection). Everything promised is true! Shield offers better wind protection barely up than stock up all the way. Apparently I even have a radio...who knew? I could never hear it before. The light tint also looks good with the Ebony bike, and since I look over it, tint is no issue as far as darkness.. I didn't get to super-slab speeds, but at 40 to 60 MPH it exceeded my expectations.I called the company before purchase and he (owner I believe) was real helpful and it was a leap of faith to take his word that I didnt need anything as tall as my stock. He was right.That with my new Ilium bar risers makes an already comfy bike even better for this 5'9" rider.

https://youtu.be/jn5WHoMcSeo

I have an Aeroflow on my 2016 R1200RT. I never had the opportunity to A/B the Werks vs. the Aeroflow...as always YMMV.... ride safe!

See you on the road, buddy.
Had the HD out last week. Been busy temporarily working full time.
Should be able to get the BMW inspected next week.

The Werks shield looks an awful lot like the Cee Bailey's shield (no longer available). Glad to hear it works well.

The Werks shield looks an awful lot like the Cee Bailey's shield (no longer available). Glad to hear it works well.

I used Cee Bailey's shield's for years and they were fine. However, I think Werks are better because they are a little wider at critical points than CB's were.

See you on the road, buddy.
Had the HD out last week. Been busy temporarily working full time.
Should be able to get the BMW inspected next week.

Hey!! Look who’s here!! See you soon! Getting there, slowly.(spring and riding that is) Keeping it on topic, that Werks screen is going to extend my riding season with the added protection. The flyscreen on the xr is another story. Lol

Back