• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

F750 Steering Dampener

weschmann

Kawa Afterthought
I don't see much in the way of comments on the new F 750 here so wonder if sales are not going too well for the model. As a former 700 owner with a good mileage (62000) on a previous 13 vintage year, I'm considering going back to one once I tire of my Yamaha Super 10 due to weight. One new thing I noticed on the 750 and 850 is a steering dampener on the front forks and wonder if its in response to others experiencing tank slap while riding. On my previous model, I experienced severe tank slap twice while riding on gravel that turned into deep sand without a moments notice while tooling along at about 45 MPH. Almost lost it twice, but by the third time I was ready and anticipating the possibility so wasn't completely surprised when it happened. So, for any new 750 0r 850 riders out there, do you notice the dampener much and to any current 700 owners, have you experienced similar difficulty riding into deep sand or gravel with the bike? I'd appreciate any observations you may have on the topic.

I have only had my F750 a month so can't really comment on the damper vs no damper on the 7/800. However, as far as sales go; I just had it in for the 600 mile service and my dealer in Denver said the F750 has taken off and is their best seller right now.

Might be a factor of the price/performance equation when compared to the F 850. I did notice that the R1250 have the damper as well. So I guess that is now standard throughout the line up.

I have only had my F750 a month so can't really comment on the damper vs no damper on the 7/800. However, as far as sales go; I just had it in for the 600 mile service and my dealer in Denver said the F750 has taken off and is their best seller right now.

Might be a factor of the price/performance equation when compared to the F 850. I did notice that the R1250 have the damper as well. So I guess that is now standard throughout the line up.

Thanks for the reply. I am glad to see sales are good as I found the bike to be a stellar performer and should have just waited for the new improved version instead of going to the Tenere. The Tenere is a great bike, don’t misunderstand me, but at 600 lbs , it’s too heavy for me so looking forward to going back to the 750 once I get my money’s worth out of the Tenere. The steering dampener is the game changer for me as it looks like they addressed the only flaw (other than the OEM seat) that I disliked about the bike.

Back