• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Windshield for a 2016 f800GSA recommendation

mikefromohio

I recently purchased a 2016 BMW F800GS Adventure and joined this great forum. I need some advice on getting a windshield to replace the stock version. Unlike most riders I don't mind looking through the windshield, and am looking for a screen that hopefully is buffeting free and gives good overall protection. I'm 6'2'', 180 lbs., with a 32 inch inseam and also own a 2014 Honda Valkyrie on which I installed their OEM tall touring windshield, but had to add a MRA wing to the top of the shield to eliminate some buffeting and it solved the problem.

In my case a taller shield would be preferable and my initial research shows Givi Airflow and Puig windshields getting some decent reviews. I understand that fitting a windshield has lots of variables, but I would appreciate any real world advice from our members who have had success with their after market windshield. Hope all of you in the Midwest have been able to get a few times already this season.

Welcome to the forum!
It will be good to see what recommendations you receive.....I'm thinking of a change on my F800GS.
Gary

On recommendation from a friend of mine with a F800GS and a windshield from MadStad I installed one on my F700GS.

It can be tilted and moved up/down allowing for a perfect positioning. I can easily see over the windshield and I have no turbulences around my helmet.

/Guenther

Back