• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Prison Run

I had to take a ride to Shawnee Correctional Center for a site visit so I can give a contractor a price quote for inspecting old under ground drain lines for the roof gutters so yesterday a short quick 157 miles on the I-Slabs, than a leisurely ride home, round trip 363 miles, prison all it is cracked up to be. On the way home Lake Glendale Recreation Area in the Shawnee National Forest, ( used to be a great place to camp, no more pas it by now) than Dixon Springs State Park which has springs, three churches, a swimming pool and primitive camping $6 a night ( 190 miles from Lebanon, Tn. )
Oldest church
E2322D38-F9DD-420E-85B0-491AF2C57260.jpeg

Newer church

7FBE3484-52B5-43EE-B57F-CC81AF03AF26.jpeg

Attachments

• FF12FE12-2F59-426E-ACBE-5D57EFC26BA9.jpeg
    FF12FE12-2F59-426E-ACBE-5D57EFC26BA9.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 105
Prison Run part 2

Last picture post 1 newest church

And I assume this is Dixon Spring C9888EEB-B7EC-4980-B20B-6544E3466B43.jpeg

Next stop for the bike riders Tunnel Hill on the Tunnel Hill state bike trail ( where the Tunnel is located)

0E09B023-2056-4120-9885-D68EE781FC7E.png

I did not stop, having recently come from prison it did not seem prudent to ride motorcycle through the Tunnel on the bike path.
Next stop Ferne Clyffe State park $8 primitive camping
Tunnel Hill Road runs from Illinois Route 37 it starts south of Goreville and runs south east through Tunnel Hill to U.S. 45 it than continues on and ends at Illinois Route 147 go south on 147 and you hit 146 and interstate 24 at Vienna, Illinois. Tunnel Hill road is a fun little ride you will want to ride it turn around and ride it back.
If you are on your way to rally from this area you can get to Paducah (Ohio River Bridges take the Rt. 45 bridge or wander over to Cave In Rock and take the Ferry, on nice fun two lane roads.
P.S. ferry ride free also camping both sides of Ohio in area

Looks like you had a fine day Dave with some mighty good weather. Thanks for the photos.

Photo

Past experience taught to not even try to take pictures at the prison.
I will go back to Dixon Spring again you can see the water coming out looks like small waterfalls that’s in a little box canyon next time some wading looks to be in order or some walking to the bridge that crosses it.
Also nice waterfall at Ferne Clyffe park some walking involved and I have seen it before

I will go back to Dixon Spring again you can see the water coming out looks like small waterfalls that’s in a little box canyon...

That looked like a nice spot, and I looked up some more pictures of it on the net. Thanks for posting.

Back