Thread: Lowering S1000XR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lowering S1000XR

It might not be possible but is there a way that is not too technical to lower the seat height on the 2018 S1000XR? My other bike is a 2006 K1200R and the height was perfect for my 5-10 body. Thanks

Welcome to the forum
    There are several owners here, but kinda slow at times.
    Quickest is the low seat option that is available on a lot of models, next is a lower set of aftermarket shocks...not the low budget fix for sure.
    Some friends have added a thicker sole to bottom of riding boots to gain a bit as well. Once again a low cost option.
    Coming off a K1200R, I know it feels diff, but have you ridden it much yet?
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

I just got the 600 mile service done but I am leaving in a couple of days for a 2 to 3 thousand mile trip.

Soupy's Performance Lowering links

I'm 5'6" and just bought my S1000XR. I purchased the lowering links from Soupy's performance. My BMW tech installed them and lowered the front forks. Perfect! I can almost flat foot. And the cost was reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    Welcome to the forum
    There are several owners here, but kinda slow at times.
    Quickest is the low seat option that is available on a lot of models, next is a lower set of aftermarket shocks...not the low budget fix for sure.
    Some friends have added a thicker sole to bottom of riding boots to gain a bit as well. Once again a low cost option.
    Coming off a K1200R, I know it feels diff, but have you ridden it much yet?
    Lower seat on XR isn't a strong option IMO... the low seat only gets you .5", and makes the seal feel much shorter from front to back due to the shape (slopes toward center from front and back).

We have installed the link solution mentioned earlier on several S series bikes with good results. Keep in mind the rear link will adjust far more than can be balanced correctly with the limited room to raise the fork tubes... you want those values to match to retain as much of the originally designed geometry as possible. Lowering the rear more than the front can lead to diminished stability at higher speeds.
    Greg North - Sales & Marketing Manager, BMW Motorcycles Of Charlotte & Greensboro
    There are motorcycle owners, and there are motorcycle riders.
    And then there are those of us for whom motorcycling is an essential part of our journey - a way of life, and looking at it.