Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Temporary MPH decal for KmH speedo

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Au Contraire. Your Canadian models are equipped to go virtually anywhere in the world where the Metric system is used while our meager US models had to be specially configured for the Luddites who still use yards, feet, inches, and miles in a long ago dwindled area of the world. As a token bone they give us the inner ring of metric numbers too small to read but there nonetheless.
    I'm thinking that if the Canadian Models were truly equipped to go anywhere they would have pontoons I think I have some Witworth hanging around.
    To save a click-
    The Whitworth thread was the world's first national screw thread standard,[1] devised and specified by Joseph Whitworth in 1841. Until then, the only standardization was what little had been done by individual people and companies, with some companies' in-house standards spreading a bit within their industries. Whitworth's new standard specified a 55° thread angle and a thread depth of 0.640327p and a radius of 0.137329p, where p is the pitch. The thread pitch increases with diameter in steps specified on a chart.

Whatever it takes.

OM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britis...dard_Whitworth
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    I'm thinking that if the Canadian Models were truly equipped to go anywhere they would have pontoons I think I have some Witworth hanging around.
    To save a click-
    The Whitworth thread was the world's first national screw thread standard,[1] devised and specified by Joseph Whitworth in 1841. Until then, the only standardization was what little had been done by individual people and companies, with some companies' in-house standards spreading a bit within their industries. Whitworth's new standard specified a 55° thread angle and a thread depth of 0.640327p and a radius of 0.137329p, where p is the pitch. The thread pitch increases with diameter in steps specified on a chart.

Whatever it takes.

OM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britis...dard_Whitworth
    I still have my Whitworth adjustable wrench made by Crescent and my Whitworth pliers made by Channellock.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    I still have my Whitworth adjustable wrench made by Crescent and my Whitworth pliers made by Channellock.
    I think that is actually a Japanese tool kit......if you throw in a screwdriver.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Good idea ... But what is speed limit
    ?????