• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Any S1000R Owners active?

FloaterDX

Looks like a lot of XR owners here and not as many R's. Just purchased a new S1000R and love the ride. Who all is riding an R?
Maybe a younger crowd?

I'm looking at used S1000R's, but I'm almost 70. I hope that's OK. :)

But if a decent used S1000XR pops up, I may go that route. The S1000RR has sport ergos a bit too radical for me.

I'm looking at used S1000R's, but I'm almost 70. I hope that's OK. :)

But if a decent used S1000XR pops up, I may go that route. The S1000RR has sport ergos a bit too radical for me.

All ages are great with me! I agree with you about the RR. Too much bike for me. The R is plenty for power.

All ages are great with me! I agree with you about the RR. Too much bike for me. The R is plenty for power.
When I was younger (even in my late 50s and early 60s) I didn't mind being crunched up into a ball -- my GSXR750 and RC51 were pretty awful. But nowadays I like more relaxed, but still sporty, ergos.

I just received my new 19 XR at the end of January. I have been a BMW rider since 2010. I love the XR. This particular forum though seems rather dead. I use another forum that is heavy in EU riders but has lots of good advice on the XR if you are interested. I am not sure if it is kosher for me to post another forum URL here though.

I believe forums are about sharing useful information and think it would be okay to share link to another forum. Of course I’m interested in the forum. It seems all the XR forums have disappeared.

I recently aquired a S1000R and couldnt be more thrilled each time I jump on this little bugger. Unbelievable power, close ratio tranny and surgical sharp handling. All with the touring bike aides such as cruise, esa, heated grips, etc. A remarkable bike indeed. Already have full titanium akrapovic race system installed, a bit more of a comfort seat and new softer Michelin rubber A remarkable bike. Still maintain my K1300S for long distance of taking the little woman out for breakfast or dinner from time to time. Best of both worlds.

I just purchased a '19 S1000r HP.... I'm reaching the big 6-0, but I'm still a kid at heart (and mind). I'm never going to grow up. Rode 200mi today trying to get to my break-in miles. Already installed a MRA touring screen and rad. guards.
I have an Airhawk for my tender bum......

I visit the www.s1000r.co.uk forums for more info. This place has nothing. I have a GS as well and there is plenty of info for that here......

Rad guards

I am eye balling a set of those rad guards for mine as well. Are they worth the extra money and was there any secret to installing? I am looking at both the oil cooler and radiator guard.

I am eye balling a set of those rad guards for mine as well. Are they worth the extra money and was there any secret to installing? I am looking at both the oil cooler and radiator guard.

The rad guards I got from Revzilla were R&G racing. The best way to get them on is to remove both left/right side plastic and belly plastic. The instructions are in the manual. I put the bottom (oil) guard on first and then the rad guard. The only PITA I had was with the zip tie going around the bottom fitting of the rad guard. You'll definitely need help routing that around and back through the hole in the guard. Otherwise... works/looks awesome!

Looks like a lot of XR owners here and not as many R's. Just purchased a new S1000R and love the ride. Who all is riding an R?
Maybe a younger crowd?

I just picked up a left over 2018 in april, already hit the 6000 mile service. Love this machine ! a couple minor mods and its now a perfect hooligan/ touring machine

Bought a S1000R Sport 2017
e91313396032dba58392b5608acace89.jpg
this summer, traded my K1300s for it! All I can say is that it’s the greatest bike I’ve ever ridden.....So far.

I have ridden, triumphs, Ducati’s ,BMW boxer, K and S double RR, Kawa’s, Honda’s, Yamahas, and many others.... it’s just a great bike you can ride anywhere, any time, can be docile or a beast.

0d7ec55dc8621b95772a276870876b13.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2022 S1000R Delivered!

Hi fellow riders! On this thread just announce delivery of (an purchase) of the first MY2022 S1000R in Vancouver Canada. Still in the break-in period but I'm starting to really appreciate the engineering in this new model. I am coming to this motorcycle after 6 years on a BMW RnineT, so a lot to learn yet. ;)

I look forward to sharing my experience with this forum as the mileage continues to accumulate.

Cheers
Greg

Good luck with your new bike! I think that is the first ‘22 I have heard mention of.

Welcome to the forum!

Gary

Back