• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

An 850 RS...maybe

Looks good but chain drive. Hope it is under 450 pounds and a seat height of 31" to 32'.
We shall see the future.

I'd like to see an RT or GT version in the F850.

I'm flip flopping on replacing my F800GS with either an F850GSA or a R1250GSA. The deciding point is the 1250 would take the place of both my GS and K1200GT with a small under 450cc dual sport filling in the stable for closer to home back country exploring. On the other side of the decision, going with the 850 would mean keeping my GT for now with the plan of replacing it with a newer tourer in a couple years. The R-RT is not really what I want, but a smaller 850 version would be ideal. Maybe even a pair of them to replace my wife's F800ST too. The idea of having all three bike on the same engine platform would hopefully simplify maintenance and such.

Back