• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

so... about those podcasts...

jumping to the present

Here's the episodes currently at the end of the queue for you - including the return of 200 Miles Before Breakfast after a bit of a hiatus.

CTH 73 - Mike Mandell of Motorcycle Express
<iframe style="border: none" src="//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/12609938/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/backward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/f7ac06/" height="90" width="100%" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

200MBB 18 - Art Jacobson, member since 1972
<iframe style="border: none" src="//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/12610058/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/backward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/87A93A/" height="90" width="100%" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

CTH 72 - MMXXMC
<iframe style="border: none" src="//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/12558611/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/backward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/f7ac06/" height="90" width="100%" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

I've tried pod casting several times now but only manage to tangle line with bait in trees. Have never been lucky catching any fishšŸ˜«šŸ˜‚

Wait ... I'm supposed to be catching fish with these things?? Pretty sure I'm doing it wrong :)

Here's a new episode, featuring the Mileage Contest's "average female," Cathy Brown of Edmonton, Alberta.

<iframe style="border: none" src="//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/12948656/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/backward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/87A93A/" height="90" width="100%" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Cathy mentions the Glacier Highway, but I think she meant to say the <a href="https://icefieldsparkway.com/" target="_new">Icefields Parkway</a>, because she mentions it connects Jasper and Banff. She mentions the Lolo Highway, aka <a href="https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g45256-d143845-Reviews-Highway_12-Lolo_Montana.html" target="_new">Montana Highway 12</a>, and <a href="https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/pn-np/ab/elkisland" target="_new">Elk Island National Park</a> as places you might want to visit someday.

As with almost every episode, Cathy dishes about her favorite places in Edmonton, Alberta, to eat, including the <a href="https://www.highleveldiner.com/" target="_new">Highlevel Diner</a>, <a href="http://gidgetsbistro.com/" target="_new">Gidget's Bistro</a>, <a href="https://www.themothcafe.com/" target="_new">The Moth Cafe</a>, the <a href="http://www.blueplatediner.ca/" target="_new">Blue Plate Diner</a>, and <a href="https://www.cafemosaics.com/" target="_new">Cafe Mosaics</a>. If you ever go to Edmonton, you better go hungry!

CathyBrown02.jpg

That is way to close to a bison to be stopping a motorcycle. :scratch Youtube has some great videos like the one of the HD rider who honked and then got himself and his bike tossed into the ditch. I also like the one where the car got pushed sideways into the ditch, or the one where the RV got a big hole in the side.

Too close

That is way to close to a bison to be stopping a motorcycle. :scratch Youtube has some great videos like the one of the HD rider who honked and then got himself and his bike tossed into the ditch. I also like the one where the car got pushed sideways into the ditch, or the one where the RV got a big hole in the side.

Reminds me of the time riding in Yellowstone where a large group of cars were stopped and an idiot female was walking up the hill to get a closeup shot of a grizzly bear digging for grubs. A Park Ranger showed up in time and thoroughly ripped her a new one for being so stupid. "too bad that nature didn't get to exercise it's edict, survival of the fittest", I thought to myself.

Reminds me of the time riding in Yellowstone where a large group of cars were stopped and an idiot female was walking up the hill to get a closeup shot of a grizzly bear digging for grubs. A Park Ranger showed up in time and thoroughly ripped her a new one for being so stupid. "too bad that nature didn't get to exercise it's edict, survival of the fittest", I thought to myself.

Voni and I once came upon a bear clog (cars everywhere so folks can look at a bear). A lady was taking her one year (or so) old child up to a bear cub to take a picture of the kid and the bear together. Momma bear was nearby. We simply rode away as fast as we could because neither of us like blood, and interminable witness forms when stupidity is overcome by nature. This was years ago and I still wonder how stupid people manage to survive for so long.

Last edited:
In Custer Park in the Black Hills I have woven my way through a heard of bison that thought the road was a good place to hang out. We were within inches of them. They didn't seem to care if they even noticed.
Another time I passed one going about 55 MPH rolling around a blind corner. It was a big bull and he was just standing in the road. I hit the brakes to stop, but I would have stopped right next to him, so I down shifted and rolled on by clearing him by 3-4 feet. I am not sure if he even woke up.

Tried and failed to find and download via Pandora

I'll see what I can do about getting the show into Pandora. Meantime, it's about everywhere else!

Newest episode is embedded here, but check out the page to get links & maps: https://www.bmwmoa.org/news/488998/200-Miles-Before-Breakfast-Kristian-Richardson.htm. It's all about riding in Montana!

<iframe style="border: none" src="//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/13126598/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/backward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/87A93A/" height="90" width="100%" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Beartooth Highway crop.jpg

I use the Google Podcasts app where you can find both Chasing the Horizon and Two Hundred Miles before Breakky. Works great.

New episodes for your listening pleasure!

On 200 Miles Before Breakfast, we have Knochlein Award winner John "Dutch" Lammers!

<iframe style="border: none" src="//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/13182584/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/backward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/87A93A/" height="90" width="100%" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

On Chasing the Horizon, it's time for another all-news episode. Find out what's going on with Zero, Triumph, Indian, MotoGP and much more.

<iframe style="border: none" src="//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/13263524/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/backward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/f7ac06/" height="90" width="100%" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

New episode of 200 Miles Before Breakfast will go live on Monday ... you can listen to it now ... free! Enjoy :)

<iframe style="border: none" src="//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/13451624/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/backward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/87A93A/" height="90" width="100%" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh, and so he can never ever deny it, here's a photo of Chad on his Harley.

warner05.jpg

A new episode of Chasing the Horizon went out earlier this week, it features a discussion with George Hall of What 3 Words, an innovative tech company focused on accurate navigation.

<iframe style="border: none" src="//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/13360568/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/backward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/f7ac06/" height="90" width="100%" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Hey all - doing my best to put out one episode a week of each podcast while we're all doing this social distancing/stay at home thing.

Episode 25 of 200MBB features Siouxzanne Harris of Don't Want a Pickle, member since 1991

<iframe style="border: none" src="//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/13835765/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/backward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/87A93A/" height="90" width="100%" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's a great photo of Sioux with her 1984 Moto Guzzi SP650, a lovely bike!
harris03.jpg

Episode 83 of CTH features Bill Berroth, founder of Motonation, a longtime supporter of the MOA

<iframe style="border: none" src="//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/13835699/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/backward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/f7ac06/" height="90" width="100%" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

A few new episodes for your listening pleasure:

Fresh out today is this one, featuring Sam Fleming from the Army of Darkness endurance racing team (200 Miles Before Breakfast). You may also remember Sam from his recent profile of the F 900 R and XR in BMW Owners News.

<iframe style="border: none" src="//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/14336744/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/backward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/87A93A/" height="90" width="100%" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

samwheelie copy.jpg

And over in Chasing the Horizon land, we've got Scott Holbrooks from Simpson Motorcycle Helmets - oh, and he's not only an MOA member, but !loves! him some BMW motorcycles!

<iframe style="border: none" src="//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/14295956/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/backward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/f7ac06/" height="90" width="100%" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

holbrooks640.jpg

Back