• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

San Diego Bound

lawdawg19

Just throwing this out there. Trailering (I know, I know, hold the comments) from South Dakota (where we still have snow on the ground) to San Diego. My wife is taking off on an ironbutt run early on the morning of 6/15/19. Me and my K have elected to not join her but rather to hang out at a Campground near Mission Bay for the week. Looking for some good day rides out of San Diego or anyone who wants to ride and show a lost South Dakotan the fun roads around southern Cali. Open to any day ride suggestions you may have. Will gladly reciprocate assistance with anyone visiting in my backyard located in the beautiful Black Hills of Western South Dakota. (Yes 25 miles from Sturgis). Thanks, Kyle.

To get you started, and in no particular order.

* Highland Valley Road
* Old Julian Highway
* Sunrise Highway
* Palomar Mountain
* Rice Canyon
* Couser Canyon
* Pine Creek Road
* Mesa Grande

Head up the coast about three hours (less maybe with lane splitting) to Ojai. Take Hwy 33 north from there to Hwy 166, then west to Santa Maria. From there you can follow the PCH as far north as you want. You won't be disappointed.

Back