• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

310 models

EUGENE

I know the G310GS are popular in north america. What is the percentage of sold ones between the G310GS and the G310R models?:scratch

Not sure where you heard they are popular in North America. I doubt that piece of info. But whatever numbers they have sold, I am guessing that twice as many GSs as R models have been sold. Maybe 3 to 1 even. My dealership has several R models sitting around and are offering discounts, not sure they have sold any Rs yet. But GSs? Those seem to be doing okay and the dealership has maybe one left for a demo.

good luck.

Not sure where you heard they are popular in North America. I doubt that piece of info. But whatever numbers they have sold, I am guessing that twice as many GSs as R models have been sold. Maybe 3 to 1 even. My dealership has several R models sitting around and are offering discounts, not sure they have sold any Rs yet. But GSs? Those seem to be doing okay and the dealership has maybe one left for a demo.

good luck.

We have 2 GSs but I could be a candidate for an R at a discount.

Last edited:
We have 2 GSs but I could be a candidate ror an R at a discount.

Me too, Paul. I'm watching and waiting. So far, I have seen $500 off the 2018 Rs that are in Engle's stock and it is tempting. I am inching closer to pulling the trigger. Actually I have a buddy who has offered to buy my F800ST and that fact has nudged me even closer to the point of buying the R . Probably sometime this riding season for sure.

G310 Sales Mix

I don't know that this is representative but I was talking to my local dealer who does quite a bit of volume and his sales board showed a YTD mix of 2.5-to-1.0 G310 GS'es to R's. I suspect that's generally indicative of what you'd find elsewhere based on what I recall them doing last year.

Kent

Probably breaking a rule here.

We have 2 GSs but I could be a candidate for an R at a discount.

My dealer, BMW of Grand Rapids Michigan, has three low mileage (one has 212 miles) 2018 310 R bikes listed starting at $3,800. I know they had some rider ed bikes but there may be a demo involved. They had a bunch of them at one time so either they sold or not all of them are listed. They appear to have upper fairing crash bars installed. The Cosmic Black is supposed to be faster than the white ones:) Or maybe its the other way around.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI (snow still on the ground)
#71,449

At BMW Motorcycles of Southeast Michigan, 310GS are far more popular than 310R. 310R tends to be for new riders, 310GS for new riders and people looking to downsize or add a second bike to their stable.

Back